Second Skin Audio

Shim Stuck After Recone HELP!

no problem dude, my subs are still holding up just fine using those materials, i ran the sa15s at a half ohm on an aq2200 they got moving pretty good no rips or any glue failuires.

Hopefully (crossing my fingers) if the guy gets his hands on another kit and I can re do these I would be running 1000w to each. Just in case anyone missed it these are the old school 12" RF HX2's and I am using Sundown Audio Z.v2 soft parts (double spiders).

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Damn bro, that blows. :(

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

i wouldnt trust 5min epoxy on a sub. and i dont even use activator on CA glue. I just let it dry naturally. i have a belief that it forms a stronger bond that way.

when you clamped the spider down you could have pushed things one way or the way the clamps grab might cause them to pull. when you cut this recone out, set it somewhere so that you can look at how the former and the spiders line up. see if they are crooked.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i wouldnt trust 5min epoxy on a sub. and i dont even use activator on CA glue. I just let it dry naturally. i have a belief that it forms a stronger bond that way.

when you clamped the spider down you could have pushed things one way or the way the clamps grab might cause them to pull. when you cut this recone out, set it somewhere so that you can look at how the former and the spiders line up. see if they are crooked.

Okay so I should just get the CA no activator and is it necessary to really use rubber glue? Can I get away with CA for the whole recone?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Okay so I should just get the CA no activator and is it necessary to really use rubber glue? Can I get away with CA for the whole recone?

you can use CA for the entire recone, but i use rubber on the cap, because if you need to take it off for any reason, you can with a razor blade, when you do the cap in CA, you could end up fucking up the cone.

how i do it

-ca on the spiders and surround

-rubber on the cap

edit: and i have had to take a cap off to check the coil alignment before on subs to find bubbled out piece of the former, instead of playing the guessing game.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

you can use CA for the entire recone, but i use rubber on the cap, because if you need to take it off for any reason, you can with a razor blade, when you do the cap in CA, you could end up fucking up the cone.

how i do it

-ca on the spiders and surround

-rubber on the cap

edit: and i have had to take a cap off to check the coil alignment before on subs to find bubbled out piece of the former, instead of playing the guessing game.

Okay cool ca everywhere and rubber on the cap got it.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

my recones have always come with a bottle of CA and rubber glue. its sad that yours didnt.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

my recones have always come with a bottle of CA and rubber glue. its sad that yours didnt.

I didn't buy mine from a company I bought the softparts in pieces from someone on here and put it together no biggie though I have some CA and a whole lot of rubber so I will just purchase a bottle of CA to make sure I have enough to get it done completely. I just want to honestly get it done and playing.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

wierd ive never had a problem, my sa15s look fine. I reconed a level 4 15 with the same materials and the sub worked til i put a knife thru the sorround to build it down to a 12. That 12 has been in my buddies car for 2 years now with no issues.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Archived