Second Skin Audio

Shim Stuck After Recone HELP!

Well I just took apart the sub and I found my issue. A piece of the folder with tape on it got stuck to the gap so it was causing the rub and stiffness. It was a pretty big piece so I guess I need to be more careful next time I make a shim.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Get any pics?

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

Damn that sucks man...at least it's not a mystery anymore and you know what to not do on the next one.

It's worse to fuck up and not know why :shrug:

i wouldnt trust 5min epoxy on a sub. and i dont even use activator on CA glue. I just let it dry naturally. i have a belief that it forms a stronger bond that way.

when you clamped the spider down you could have pushed things one way or the way the clamps grab might cause them to pull. when you cut this recone out, set it somewhere so that you can look at how the former and the spiders line up. see if they are crooked.

wierd ive never had a problem, my sa15s look fine. I reconed a level 4 15 with the same materials and the sub worked til i put a knife thru the sorround to build it down to a 12. That 12 has been in my buddies car for 2 years now with no issues.

i just dont trust 5min epoxy. the stuff that dries faster is more brittle. same reason i dont use activator.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Damn that sucks man...at least it's not a mystery anymore and you know what to not do on the next one.

It's worse to fuck up and not know why :shrug:

Yep you are right about that. Since I am still new to this I don't feel so bad to have made the mistake plus I learned from it and I get to apply that on my next recone. I am going to use the plastic for sale sign idea.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Get any pics?

Yes I got a few of the break down and the little fucker that caused all my problems.

2012-05-22_05-42-13_437.jpg

i dont call that little dude thats a pretty big damn peice.... also not trying to be a dick but wouldnt a peice that big be noticeable if it wasnt on the folder when you had pulled it out?

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

Get any pics?

Yes I got a few of the break down and the little fucker that caused all my problems.

2012-05-22_05-42-13_437.jpg

i dont call that little dude thats a pretty big damn peice.... also not trying to be a dick but wouldnt a peice that big be noticeable if it wasnt on the folder when you had pulled it out?

With the way the folder was ripped up when I was pulling it out I honestly didn't notice a piece missing. I was more concerned with getting the folder out by any means necessary so it was a little destroyed by time I thought I had it all out and this piece was literally completely stuck to the gap.

P.S. I didn't mean little literally more that it was a PITA i.e. little fucker.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Aww dud I hated that last few pics

There's a trick

Pop" the speaker with a 12 volt battery first pop it in with - to + and + to - on the battery, touch the leads then be holding the paper in various spots, then pop the speaker out + to + v to - on the battery and continue

I can't believe no one suggested that! Im sorry u had to pull the sub apart when you didn't halve to

Also you can get plastic tools that can easily reach in the gap to pull that crap out!

I've done this a few times I've even have a coil burn into 2 peices and the bottom was stuck over the pole peice of my lvl 5 talk about hard as fuck to get out! I was there twiddling my thumbs ovee that thing for 3 hrs before I got it out by puting it above my head and shaking the nshit out of it

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Aww dud I hated that last few pics

There's a trick

Pop" the speaker with a 12 volt battery first pop it in with - to + and + to - on the battery, touch the leads then be holding the paper in various spots, then pop the speaker out + to + v to - on the battery and continue

I can't believe no one suggested that! Im sorry u had to pull the sub apart when you didn't halve to

Also you can get plastic tools that can easily reach in the gap to pull that crap out!

I've done this a few times I've even have a coil burn into 2 peices and the bottom was stuck over the pole peice of my lvl 5 talk about hard as fuck to get out! I was there twiddling my thumbs ovee that thing for 3 hrs before I got it out by puting it above my head and shaking the nshit out of it

I didn't think to pop it but that piece was in there pretty good. It did hurt to take it apart but ya live and ya learn, next time I know better. No point in crying about it now at this point I am hitting up whoever I can to see if I can find parts for it. Hopefully I can get more parts from the guy I got these from but I would like to get this built soon so I can get them in and playing. Been some years since they have seen power.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived