Second Skin Audio

Which 2 BIG woofers in BP wall with 16k bassrace?

You don't know to much about audio thanks for the useless comment about send 8000 watts to a sub tho it was very uninformative

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Check step 5 in that thread has your name all over it

There is no need for that. I expressed my opinion that others in this thread have stated as well. I give detail and you label me as a know-it-all? If you go through any of my posts where I give advice or info I represent myself in the best way I can. When I am wrong I will show humility and admit it. You cannot state that it would not be safer to distribute that much power between multiple subs. And that is all I was trying to state, I may not agree with some ideas but I will respect others decisions. I have no problem being told that I am wrong. But you can explain why I am wrong instead of posting slanderous comments that I don't know too much about car audio.

16k? I would not suggest any neo. Fi has the best chance neo wise, but due to the high power and the coil getting hot the others will start to demagnitize pretty fast.

How about the SMD? DB Don gave 7k to one for 2 hours iirc. Im tuned into this for sure

in speaking with quite a few ppl i think that neo rumor is very exaggerated and itll require much more heat than a car audio setup to demagnetize these motors. but ill look into it farther

as for the smds im not too fond of them....too mainstream for me.

i know don liked them but hes also running the Fi N3s now which says a lot imo. a few other heavy hitters are running them in bassrace too

Very true, just once they became more popular i really looked into the sensitivty on neo. I havent experienced it yet just has been my concern for awhile now. Also i can understand about the SMD things and i think the N3 or the SP4 could work out really well for you. The SP4 for sure since its got more surface area to disappate heat better. Maybe another 4" coil sub. I wouldnt go near a TSNS though

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Has anyone mentioned the SMD's yet? not sure i'd put 8k to each, but iirc audiofanaticz (sp?) tried 10k to one once. don't remember how it turned out though.

whelp, that's about it for my input.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I ran 14k clamped to 2 mayhem 18's for a whole season.

Small car, i think its possible.

The also did ok in a 4th order.

Im all for neo and power, actually prefer it.

Im more curious about the car rather than what sub you pick.

N3

Warden

99z

Those would be my choices in no particular order.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

You don't know to much about audio thanks for the useless comment about send 8000 watts to a sub tho it was very uninformative

There is no need for that. I expressed my opinion that others in this thread have stated as well. I give detail and you label me as a know-it-all? If you go through any of my posts where I give advice or info I represent myself in the best way I can. When I am wrong I will show humility and admit it. You cannot state that it would not be safer to distribute that much power between multiple subs. And that is all I was trying to state, I may not agree with some ideas but I will respect others decisions. I have no problem being told that I am wrong. But you can explain why I am wrong instead of posting slanderous comments that I don't know too much about car audio.

Because many have done that much power to a sub before myself included with clean power a solid sub and SOLID build its not only possible but has been done many times.. just because you lack the skill set to do something like that does not mean knobody can the OP knows what he is doing and getting into there is no need to tell him the repercusions he knows.. i can contest to the facthat the power between more subs is not the end all awnser i had 8 18's on 40k in a box that was funky that i wanted to try did a 158 and everytime blew a sub SAME power 6 18's in a wall did 160's no blown subs.. so i went for 5000 watts per sub to about 7k per sub got louder and used more power per sub could bass race as well .. and if you think my comments are slanderous you should stay of the internet thats my opionion and from your comments still belive you lack audio knowlage and skills

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Because many have done that much power to a sub before myself included with clean power a solid sub and SOLID build its not only possible but has been done many times.. just because you lack the skill set to do something like that does not mean knobody can the OP knows what he is doing and getting into there is no need to tell him the repercusions he knows.. i can contest to the facthat the power between more subs is not the end all awnser i had 8 18's on 40k in a box that was funky that i wanted to try did a 158 and everytime blew a sub SAME power 6 18's in a wall did 160's no blown subs.. so i went for 5000 watts per sub to about 7k per sub got louder and used more power per sub could bass race as well .. and if you think my comments are slanderous you should stay of the internet thats my opionion and from your comments still belive you lack audio knowlage and skills

Since you have been able to conclude that I lack knowledge and skills off of a single post then I will agree with you, I don't belong here. Should I assume that your a 16 yr old kid that doesn't own an English dictionary? Because if I can base my entire opinion of you on all of the misspelled words, improper grammar and lack of punctuation from your last post that's what I would assume.

You know nothing about me so please don't judge me.

Since you have been able to conclude that I lack knowledge and skills off of a single post then I will agree with you, I don't belong here. Should I assume that your a 16 yr old kid that doesn't own an English dictionary? Because if I can base my entire opinion of you on all of the misspelled words, improper grammar and lack of punctuation from your last post that's what I would assume.

You're* it's not possessive.

just saying :/

grammar nazi out.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

You know nothing about me so please don't judge me.

you can assume what ever you please about me... you can conclude i am a 16 year old kid thats louder than you that is fine and OH NOs misspelling and punctuation mistakes on a fourm the horror!!!

AND I LOVE YOUR LAST LINE!!!

"you know nothing about me so please don't judge me"

what you said a few post ago "I don't need to know anything about your setup to understand you're wanting to send 8000 watts to a sub for 30 seconds. You can't send that much power to 1 sub and expect it to last very long"

you know nothing of the OP or about sending that much power to a sub by what you said... a little of the pot calling the kettle black here?

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived