Second Skin Audio

Which 2 BIG woofers in BP wall with 16k bassrace?

Im building a loud groundpounder that demos at shows and also backs it up with numbers. My original plan was a diamond tunnel of 12 18s which is still a killer design but ive decided to try it with less.

Im aiming to do the following with two BIG woofers and one BIG amp.

If i cant reach my goals with this gear after a full season or two of testing...ill switch it up and run a verticle wedge of 6 of the same big woofers in a verticle wedge with loading wall (same design all the loudest bassracers are using) and add a second amp. Which once tuned i know will do it then but may overshoot my goal and develop issues damaging the car.

Anywho..

Goals ~bassrace 157

Streetbeat 160

Burp 160 sealed on dash TL

It will be playing music in a large 4th or 6th order wall (will try both). Will be peaking in the 38~50 hz range.

Two woofers will share a big amp (sd16k, ab1100.1, AQ20, 14k2e, CS 12k) @18volts with strong electrical.

Which woofers would u guys suggest and why?

Ive made a list of some of the big woofers im considering. Feel free to pick from the list or add a suggestion of ur own.

Thanks

IA Warden Neo 21-----First Pic-----

T3 TSNS 18

DC LVL 4XL 18

DC LVL 5 18

DC LVL 6 18

RD Audio super heavyweight 18

Fi n2 18

FI N3 18---2nd choice---

FI SP4 18

IA Death Penalty 21

AQ HD4 18 ---3rd choice---

DD Z 18

American Bass VFL 18

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS??????

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
********LOOKING FOR NEW GROUND POUNDER TO BUILD********

1981 Malibu Wagon - Iron Block LS, Single Turbo, Nitrous, 6 Speed, Pump Gas, street car. --UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Goals are to make 1000 rwhp and 9 second quarter mile

1997 Explorer 157.8. Street C 2nd place 2007 San Mateo dbdrag world finals. (totalled)

Do you just want 18+ to say you have the biggest or is there another agenda,

Because round my way in the walled under 6000rms class were seeing 4 12 or 2 15 pulling 151 @33 all the time

Yes 157-160 is a harder number to get it, its a rare occurrence to see thoes numbers at local shows

I'm not to sure what the class, you are saying are

But we have 4 classes off cone area then 2 walled classes, walled under6000 and walled over6000

Good luck with the build

no vs threads..

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

First off your talking about putting 16k on 2 subs.Its not many subs that will take that amount of power for bassracing especially. The only two that even come to mind would be the SMD's and the DD Z series I think. So you may want to redo your list to only include subs you are sure can handle that much power for what your trying to do.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

First off your talking about putting 16k on 2 subs.Its not many subs that will take that amount of power for bassracing especially. The only two that even come to mind would be the SMD's and the DD Z series I think. So you may want to redo your list to only include subs you are sure can handle that much power for what your trying to do.

^This is true as well.

I heard you might like them there Italian SP Audio 15s though :morepower1:

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Good luck putting 16k to a pair of half of that list of subs.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

DD Z

B2 audio XC series

Crossfire XS v2

would be my first 3 choices. I had 2 crossfire xs v2's on a 14k daily and had no problem with it.

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

id try to stay away from the 14k2e. I was not a big fan of that series. But i did love my 14k2d best amp i have ever owned. I now have a 1100.1 and i am very impressed with it. The biggest problem with SD is they say they have a warranty and dont. If something goes wrong and its there fault they will try to blame it on you. Also i have heard they do a horrible job repairing there amps.

The AQ20k is the same as a 1100.1 just cheaper parts if i remember right. The only problem i have heard about them is there repair work. I have a guy on my team that sent his in to them to get it fixed and it blew up again after being on for 5 seconds.

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

Good luck putting 16k to a pair of half of that list of subs.

X2

I'm building a wall with 2 smd 18's on 12k and realistically prob going to do 155-157 on burb and low 150's for 30 sec average. You would be better off running 4 15's or 18's. If you are wanting to compete it would be better for you to decide on a class first. I was going to run 4 15's because it would have been louder and safer for the subs, but since there are 2 guys that are demolishing that class at every show I go to I decided to choose a class better suited for me.

Archived