Second Skin Audio

RE AUDIO HC 10 SUBWOOFER QUAD COIL 1000 RMS

hello i have a pair of RE AUDIO HC 10 SUBWOOFERS. They are 1 ohm quad coil 1000 watts rms 50 lb woofers. i am only going to be using 1 for right now so i will be storing my other 1 safely away. anyways i installed a system in my benz yesterday. im running a RE AUDIO DTS 1000.1 amplifier with a 3 farad cap to my 1 RE AUDIO HC 10 subwoofer. right now the subwoofer is wired 4 ohms. and my amp specs are. RE AUDIO-DTS-1000.1 : Class D, Monoblock, 330W x 1 @ 4 ohm, 560W x 1 @ 2 ohm, 800W x 1 @ 1 ohm.

so im trying to figure out how to rewire my 10 subwoofer to 1 ohm so i can be getting 800 watts instead of 330. it still sounds damn good with only 330 watts to it lol but i want my 800 instead. so if any one out there has a wireing diagram fora quad coil 1 ohm subwoofer on how to be wired to 1 ohm load id really highly appreciate it.

HEARS A PICTURE OF MY RE AUDIO HC 10 SUBS.

S7006645.jpg

Hear is a quick video of my system and my sub in action with only 330 watts running to it.

parallel than series the coils you would think, but i have never dealt with quad coils so not 100%.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

these are some beastly subs for the lows. i had 1 like 2 years ago and i got to say, i regret selling it. op, if you ever think of selling them, lmk, wither its working or not.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

haha sorry buddy but never will i ever sell these subs. these are original HC made by scott atwell himself back when he owned RE AUDIO. he made them for his friend john who lives in mission viejo. 1 day he put them up on craigslist and i was the first to see them and got them for 100 bucks. lol his wife was making him sell them. i still got some emails from scott when i showed him the pics and told him the story. haha il share what he said check it out.

EMAIL FROM SCOTT ATWELL, OWNER OF FI AUDIO.

Hmmm.... the only ones I can think of like that where from and old friend, Jon, back in California. Rare to see an HC 10". They are definitely not Destroyers as those are 4" coils and I had nothing to do with those terrible things outside of sat on the overstock motors for several years before they got clearanced. Not sure why there is such a following for the Destroyers, as they do what the name implies... destroy themselves. One of the only subs I didn't design when I owned RE and it shows. They simply do not work with the 4" coil and 8" spider. Needed totally different parts. Please let me know if I can help with anything else. Thanks, Scott Fi Car Audio

Edited by nickword

as you can see they are indeed very rare and i got really lucky with them so i don't plan on ever getting rid of them. :)

good idea

ivsmd.png

06 Trailblazer ss

2 Team shok industries tsx 18s
Phoenix Gold ''THE ONE''
2 Phoenix gold 800.4
4 crescendo mp6.
2 crescendo mp8
bass processor

Dc power 270xp

150ft 1/0 ofc sky high cable
1 juicebox lithium 0.5kwh 14v/40ah
kenwood dnx8120
BCAE1.com
YouTube channel : REaudioxxx1
build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160106-trailblazer-ss-xxx/