Sonic Electronix

So i started my first build (where i done 90% of the work) a couple of days ago i've got a RE SC 15 with a 1000 watt memphis PR amp. i drove it for a day after i got all the wires ran everything was fine, well not i have a pulse in my sub. when i went to the car audio store to buy a new dash kit i asked one of my friends what the problem could be he said it was even the amp going bad, the RCA cables or a bad ground. i borrowed some RCA cables yanked out my CD player ran the cables from the cd player to the amp an there was no pulse when i remounted my cd player it was fine then the plus came back. anyone have ideas. the only thing i didn't do with this build is the ground wire and the wiring harness. The guy at the car audio store said i need to run the ground to the frame of my car and that is more than likely my problem but another employee said the ground is fine. i just don't wanna start cutting carpet if the ground location is fine

here are a couple pictures of the build right now

e2c6ea4d281542468f74eb0.th.jpg

ab95954f52e74b20bae71fe.th.jpg

the ground wire is ran to a random screw we found under the seat when it folds up

25fe1f87db3d459bb460c11.th.jpg

bd524ab6c8e94e669c2ff00.th.jpg

Edited by GMC_Matt

You are on the right track you have to do an elimination. There is 3 things wrong like your buddy said Either your rcas are shitty, your ground is not grounded good or your amp is going bad. I would check the ground, make sure the paint is stripped of the body if it is grounded to the body or the frame. If that doesnt fix it i would get a good set of rcas. If that doesnt work then i would check into another amp. Hope this helps man.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

well were it's grounded to i haven't pulled the carpet up so it's not grounded to the frame in my old car it was grounded to the bottem of the seat belt and i put a new set of RCA cables in and it still has the pulse. could it be the carpet around the screw is whats messing with it?

carpet could do it! it happened to me. just try and lift the carpet or you can cut around the bolt. Then before you re mount your ground make sure there isnt any paint. just to be safe and cross it off the list id unbolt the seat belt and grind the metal! hope that helps!

Just a totally random thought but would a Ground Loop Isolator maybe help? I'll post a link to sonicelectronix below. Also do you have any bolt coming out of the floor that the seats bolt to? That is where I got mine grounded at. I will post a pic below of my ground and where I have it. It would cost a little bit in wire but you could do a run back up front and put the ground on your battery ground or run the wire back through the firewall and ground it to the frame or chassis. It would be easier to find a place to run the wire through the floor in the back and just ground it to the frame but that would require moving the carpet, finding or drilling a hole in the floor, and then putting a grommet in the hole to protect the wire. Anyway this is just a couple ideas I had when first read over your post but I hope they can help you out.

-James

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i469_noise-filters.html

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa409/252chevyboyz/IMG_20120521_235033.jpg

Edited by 252chevyboyz

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

So you pulled the cd player out of the mounting location, hooked it strait to the amp with different rca cables and it played fine. But when you re mounted it, it started acting up again. I am wondering if possibly you are messing up the rca connection when you mount it. Is there enough room for the rca's to not get pulled when you install it in the dash? I have used black tape to tape rca connections before, sounds ghetto but i was having a loose rca issue.