Second Skin Audio

WHICH WILL BE LOUDER 2 10'S OR 1 15 PORTED

There's WAY more variables than just amp and sub size.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

It's really impossible to say. The 15 has more cone area, but then you run into the magnetic force, box size, vehicle acoustics, more power on the 10s, etc.

The box size for the 15s would be a little over 3 cubes tuned at 33-35hz. For the 10's they get 1.25 cubes each tuned to 34hz. Obviously I have the electrical to power either setups. I would run the T1500-1BDCP @ 2 ohms to the 15 but they said 1700 watts to a 1000rms sub is pushing it. RF told me that my T1000-1BDCP would be a much better match. The birthsheet on the T1000-1BDCP at 2 ohms is right at 1501 watts and I figure probably with box rise and l would get about 1300-1400 watts to the 15. This would go in a Toyota 4-runner

If you have to know and need a definitive answer, the only way to know for sure which will be louder in your application... buy and build both and let us know.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

When you agreed to terms and conditions to be a member, you agreed that there would be no "would this be louder than that" threads. You CERTAINLY agreed to it to become a member. And with that, NO ONE can tell you what would be louder. Everyone will tell you there are too many variables, and testing is the only way to be sure.

So, experiment and see how loud you can get WITH your existing setup. Let us know how you want to tweak it and we can give suggestions.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Will you people read the damn forum rules!!!!!!!!!!

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites