Change of Finals Location BULLS**T

OrionStang

LMFAO..............

Sucks to hear but, five month notice about a show and world finals at that is not as bad as it seems. I've competed for years and going to finals was only a dream when we started. With the economy lately finals is more a fantasy then a reality for a lot of people. THIS only shows that all the organizations are holding hands in hopes they can wether this economy. However, it is the competitor mentality and overall consumers that is really going to do in competition. Most compete for the love of it and it being a hobby but, some won't waste their time or money if they can't win 1st. IT IS A COMPETITION!!!! No difference then any other sport win or lose you play the game. Wether you go the Super Bowl or World Series you play the season any way. Obviously professionals get paid to play but, prior to being professionals it was for the love of the game and dream that one day they'd be professionals. Just my .02.

I'm glad you can stay positive on this one, but I for one cannot. THIS is the reason the WEST gets upset.

1st in 2011, many WEST coast competitors go to Las Vegas to get regional points only to have FINALS taken away at the last minute.

Then we are told by MANY of the WEST coast judges that Lake Perris was locked in for FIVE years.

Now this........................

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

im game , i think wen it comes to the most traveld west coast guy thats me im not giving up, been to ohio,kentucky,florida, now its gunna b indiana

Tim and Brian are the only people that can afford to do this.

THIS is the reason you won't see me chasing any points this year. for what?

I will go to have fun.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Fuuny thing is we went to many shows got the points with no intent on going to finals back in the day but now its expected to be in our back yard and its not no one wants to compete anymore????

Guess the fun of going to a show and hagging out is gone?????

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

from what i was reading on that article that means there wont be a world finals in Shreveport LA either. and that really sucks about the whole west coast situation

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

I want to lock this thread as no matter what we seem to say it is going to be taken as negativity but, I won't.

I completely understand every ones feelings about this. I don't blame anyone for being upset and some what betrayed. Even myself have some serious reserves about the whole situation. However, I am going to stay positive and continue to do what I need to do to continue to put on shows for Nor Cal. Like I said before when we first started competing the idea of going to finals was never the goal. I think this is something we need to get back to. As we have done the past two years we are going to do our regional event for MECA (who has an official state record series) sometime during September. I will continue to do as many multi-org events as possible. I forseen this was the best way to do things and now with the combine finals and the possible rumors that MECA may be joining the combine series next year solidified it all. However, at the expense of us losing our location well that just plains sucks but, the one location Finals will be a true car audio party again.

Not to bash Drag, but this is why I enjoy Meca. You can persue state titles while not having to leave the state. I personally could never afford competing out of state, and its cool for people like me who really dont have the funds, to compete locally. There are alot of Meca shows between Bakersfield and Sacramento which is about a 350 mile stretch and toward the bay area. Going around to these different venues, lots of Cali Meca people were able to win state titles. It certainly isnt prestigious as any type of national title, but for the little guy on the totem pole, its not too bad. I also think Drag is too expensive. Cali State finals for Meca was 50$.

Not that MEca is perfect by any means, but I understand the frustrations of the Drag people. I hope this works out in the most equitable way possible for all parties concerned

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

I look forward to a region finals as always. It all started in 2006 with Reno, NV Finals.

We should go back to that. Reno has always provided people with good lodging, and shops to host the show. And please don't tell me (I'm down 1-2 dbs because of the air pressure)

Since nobody on the West is going to Finals anyways :)

Archived