Second Skin Audio

How to secure a wall to a car

Well I'm gonna walls of my 01 camry 4 door it's all stripped. So here my dilemma for the foundation should I use 2x4s and bolt them to my car to seat belt bolts or make new bolts or should I use mdf an layer it ? Also tought about brackets how strong are they? The wall is going to be for 4 15s on 8k

Use the available bolts to bolt the floor/base down and use angled brackets in a few areas. Use plenty of screws to secure the box to the floor, and maybe secure the base of your box to the false floor with bolts and screws. Id also try and get a brace or something to secure the box to the rear deck for added support.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

i walled of my 98 2dr integra, on the front half and rear half we bolted some 2x4's to the car itself, then bolted the wall to that. im pretty sure i did a good job on it because when I DID flip my car the box didnt move and seems like it kept the room from crushing any more :good: just make sure you DONT SCREW INTO THE GAS TANK!

you can kinda see them here

d13dae9c.jpg

408ecc1c.jpg

If you look at my build log, you can see exactly how I did mine. I used seat belt bolts to secure some supports that hold the false floor/bottom of my box. once you have a false floor, you can build on that. Just make sure you secure your box at a higher point to the rear deck or rear pillars. you can never be too safe.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

Beatbox did it similar to how I do my walls.

2x4s bolted to the car, bottom layer of MDF bolted to the 2x4s as the bottom layer of the wall.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

So I guess I gotta look over beatbox build cuz I was thinking if I flip over I don't want it to move at all an I was basically thinking attaching 2x4 and from there attach my based or the wall thanks alot for the input build log will start this weekend 4 dc 15s sundown for power couple xs batt and hopefully will be loud enough

My box is bolted to the seatbelt bolts as well as a few spots I added. Also, it extends wider than the B pillar and is "wedged" against it. If I am ever in a situation where the B pillars are widened, I'm long gone anyways.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Imma wall at the b pillar. So if i seal it of completely should I put second skin On the roof or from b pillar to windshield only. The reason why i ask is cuz I dont wanna do only one Half and need to do the rest later. And I don't wanna waste material if I won't need to

Edited by EdgarG0721

So I guess I gotta look over beatbox build cuz I was thinking if I flip over I don't want it to move at all an I was basically thinking attaching 2x4 and from there attach my based or the wall thanks alot for the input build log will start this weekend 4 dc 15s sundown for power couple xs batt and hopefully will be loud enough

hahaha yeah bro my sht was still playing after i got it towed home

20120402_134940.jpg

20120402_135122.jpg

20120402_135224.jpg