Wiring for trucks/cars/suvs

OK me and my pops got in a little argument last night and i think he's wrong but he thinks hes right lol. OK here is the question, we have a miller stick welder one of the best you can buy and it is rated at 10,000 watts peak 8500 watts continuous. The wires that are used for the ground and the stick are 1 awg and 2awg not 1/0 or 2/0 just 1 or 2 awg. The question is in my application of 5k watts hes saying all i have to do is run 1 runs of they welding wire from front battery to back battery because tha welder is rated for 8500 continuous and the wire is getting that in theory. Im saying thats bullshit, you would need to run a bigger wire from front to back to handle that kind of power, such as 1/0 wire and 2/0 wire. What do yall think about it?

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

I would like to say it depends on what kind of amperage you're using to achieve that power. The 12V system in a car needs to compensate for being only 12V by providing high amperage, which will force the use of some heavy-ass wire.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

its not the watts its the amps you need to look into.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i dont have the specs to say. it is at a much higher voltage than car audio though,

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

and also it sounds like the distance the power has to travel is shorter. from front to back on most cars you have to deliver that amperage arpound 16-20 feet depending opn the car. and deal with wires heating up in the engine bay or inside hot car. I don't know specs of this welder but I am sure it was designed to do what it does and we in car audio design our cars to do what we do. ahha

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

ya i know they are different but how much power the wire can carry doesnt have anything to do with the difference between car audio and welding. as long as its copper it will cary the voltage to whatever the application is. and the car is shorter than the welder. ive had the welder on the ground and me being 150 ft + in the air with the stick lead welding so the welder can carry the distance and power...

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Archived