Second Skin Audio

single cab system, limited space

Have a massive audio N2 mono amp that RMS's at 800 watts. Looking for a sub or subs that can fit behind the seat of a single cab Toyota pickup (1987). Conveniently the space behind the seat is alright but I want to go as SMALL as POSSIBLE. There is a spine in the middle behind the seat so I am going to have to do two boxes (if I chose 2 subs) or one box on one side of the spine (if its a 10 or a 12 that can suffice with the box volume). My external MAX dimensions with my seat position preference are as follows: H-15", W-17" Top depth-4", bottom depth-8". this ends up with a gross volume of .54 cu ft. PER BOX, not sure if there is a 10 or 12 sub out there that is gonna work on roughly .45-.5 net volume on 800 rms? IF there is one that requires just a tad bit more volume, I can make adjustments and get a bit more volume out of it.

I'm not sure on which direction to go from here, what would you do? 6 1/2's x2 or x3? 8's x1 or x2, 1 10? or 1 12? Porting may be difficult so hopefully something that would like to be sealed and some poly-fill? I'm working with about $150-$200 here so it doesn't have to be anything awesome, I'd just like more bass in my truck to go with my 6 1/2's x 4 in the doors and my tweets. thanks!

If there is any more information that is needed, please let me know.

Personally I'd get an 8" or 10" whichever you could port.

Edit. Could you possibly do an external aero?

Edited by bassrace

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

2 slimline pioneer/kicker 12 or lj13 sealed will fit very easy and allow you to put your seat all the way back still

I had my cvt124 on 450rms in 0.4net sealed stuffed with pollyfill and it done alright

But my mates lj13 creamed my 12 in every department, so I you can aford them get them

Edited by john253a

There isn't much room back there. Hope you're not tall, cause your going to lose some leg room.

an 8 or a 10 is your best bet.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

2 JL13 slimline subs sealed behind there will annihilate any ported 10 in 0.5cuft

On the other hand an 8" in 0.5 is a differed story

But you can't argue with cone area and power

But to port something in 0.5 unless your tuning to 40+hz youll net 0.5cuft just for the port

If you got the $$$ 2x JL13" slim sealed is my vote