I went to start my truck the other day at the bar. Startup was fine, but as soon as I let off the ignition, the truck slowly died. Did it a couple more times, and it will stay alive if I keep the RPM's up. After a few minutes of driving, I managed to be able to let off the gas at a stop and it would stay alive. It only did it one more time, another night at the bar..My voltage sits around 14-14.4v when running, and I do have my setup on it (never blare it, my electrical's all stock right now). I'm planning to replace both very soon, but would this be a battery/alternator issue? Or does it sound like it's leaning more towards fuel pump/filter issue?

POTATO!

How is it running after this happens? was it running smooth or missing? Normally if its a fuel issue it will have black smoke if it gets flooded. If your fuel pump wasnt pumping im guessing it wouldnt have been able to rev at all. Any check engine lights on?

Edited by bassface

sounds like a fuel pump same thing happened to a suburban my parents had it ended up going out shortly say a week after

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

almost sounds like your alt is not putting out any amps at a lower rpm. but when you rev it up, your alt kicks in. i am not sure, but i had a similar issue when my alt took a shit on me.

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

probobly an issue in the fuel system, how many miles on the truck?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

I think I have a similar problem, starts up fine but dies if you dont give it gas all of the time. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fuel pump or something like that because of previous problems the truck has had. However it it still driveable for me so I just deal with it.

Basshead-in-Training

What kind of truck and is the check engine light on?

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Too many quotes. 2001 Chevy Z71 5.3 V8, service engine light flickers on occasionally, but not during this. Around 165k miles on it so far. I'm leaning more towards the alt. I don't think it's the pump exactly, because I can rev it and it runs stable when I have it revved. It doesn't sputter, just stalls if I let it get too low RPM-wise or let off the starter. If it is, looks like I'll be upgrading it sooner than expected. Anyone got a Vortec H/O alt? :peepwall:

Edited by iceman1575

POTATO!

Hard to narrow if the issue is electrical or fuel. Sounds like both. Do lights dime at idle as it slowly dies? Get a ddm out there when its dieing. It doesnt sputter at all only when dieing? As its dieing what happens if you quick get on the gas does it rev up normally?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd