Sonic Electronix

How many of you have seen peal and seal melted all over a car? I have

how many of you have actually looked up the carcinogenic effects that roofing material can have on you in an enclosed environment? I have.

How many of you understand what the foil and its thickness actually provide?

Some of you should really step back and think twice about sticking that shit in your car. Its ineffective and if it works for you its placebo. For me the health risks alone outweigh the possibility of ever using it. I cant stand the smell of roofing tar so im not going to ride around wth it. Back in the early 2000s it was dynamat or peal and seal. There were alot of people who used peal and seal because if you think second skin is expensive you would have shit yourself over the price of dynamat when they had the market cornered. talking 100 bucks for a license plate kit type stuff.

Jon actually did an extremely in depth test for everyone but it seems like because hes a rep for second skin no one wants to hear it. He's abotu as unbiased as they come guys. He did it because hes an enthusiast. Not to sell stuff.

Now for Exo. Ive been holding my tongue on this but no longer since he's been annointed the patron saint of car audio it seems. I remember when exo first start coming on here. His first video that made him "popular" was either the vidceo of steves he edited(cant imagine why that would blow up) or the video of 80 inches on the divorce court. Yes not anything hes done. And for those of you who say there are more people that like him than alpine of course there are. Alpine hasnt sold his soul for youtube views. So in closing just because he has millions of views on hundreds of videos doesnt make him an expert. Thats why he's all about the "bassheads unite" theme. If everyone is getting along they cant call him out on the lack of knowledge he has. Id love to see him do a how to video on anything car audio related but I bet its tough with a crescent wrench screwdriver and a jigsaw.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

oh my gosh..... why must every peal and seal thread last for 10 pages or until it gets locked and include an E-fist fight?

facepalm111.jpg

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Reposting what I posted on page 4 in response to N8's post.

Jon did some pretty extensive testing about 6 months ago showing the differences between U-Seal roofing material and a butyl-based CLD sound deadener. The sound deadener with 25% coverage was much more effective across the entire 20-250hz spectrum than even 100% coverage with the roofing material. Factoring in the cost of the U-Seal vs the cost of deadener per square foot, the CLD deadener turned out to be a more effective and far less expensive option when using the 25% coverage rule.

EDIT for the linky: http://www.stevemead...what-you-think/

:nothingtoadd:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

see now at this point Im just waiting to be entertained.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

How many of you have seen peal and seal melted all over a car? I have

how many of you have actually looked up the carcinogenic effects that roofing material can have on you in an enclosed environment? I have.

How many of you understand what the foil and its thickness actually provide?

Some of you should really step back and think twice about sticking that shit in your car. Its ineffective and if it works for you its placebo. For me the health risks alone outweigh the possibility of ever using it. I cant stand the smell of roofing tar so im not going to ride around wth it. Back in the early 2000s it was dynamat or peal and seal. There were alot of people who used peal and seal because if you think second skin is expensive you would have shit yourself over the price of dynamat when they had the market cornered. talking 100 bucks for a license plate kit type stuff.

Jon actually did an extremely in depth test for everyone but it seems like because hes a rep for second skin no one wants to hear it. He's abotu as unbiased as they come guys. He did it because hes an enthusiast. Not to sell stuff.

Now for Exo. Ive been holding my tongue on this but no longer since he's been annointed the patron saint of car audio it seems. I remember when exo first start coming on here. His first video that made him "popular" was either the vidceo of steves he edited(cant imagine why that would blow up) or the video of 80 inches on the divorce court. Yes not anything hes done. And for those of you who say there are more people that like him than alpine of course there are. Alpine hasnt sold his soul for youtube views. So in closing just because he has millions of views on hundreds of videos doesnt make him an expert. Thats why he's all about the "bassheads unite" theme. If everyone is getting along they cant call him out on the lack of knowledge he has. Id love to see him do a how to video on anything car audio related but I bet its tough with a crescent wrench screwdriver and a jigsaw.

/\

WIN

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

I don't how you do it Nate. If I were a Mod, I can think of least five vaca's that would be handed out from this thread alone.

honestly ive grown thick skin. I save vacas now for ethugs and people who talk shit in pms. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Even if it means I sit here and tell my monitor what a fucking idiot that person is.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived