Second Skin Audio

Started my 4th order box.

Started my 4th order box today. Still in progress hopefully I will have it ready for Slamology. I will will probably finish up next weekend but its going to take probably all weekend and all nighters to get it done.

This will be a hair over a 3:1 Ratio with 4 15's

I will figure the tuning out once I get it in the car and put it on the dats. I am thinking somewhere about 360 Sq inched port area

Final4thskech.jpg

2012-06-03232844.jpg

2012-06-04011618.jpg

Edited by Hotdog

Im kinda new to 4th order but wont that just basicly act as a sealed box?

that is what a 4th order is. A sealed enclosure inside a ported chamber. I can not put the loading wall on until it is in car and sealed around the edge. That is when I will put it on the Dayton audio Dats and find my Resonant peak of my Sealed enclosure. my Resonant peak is what I will tune my loading wall to,

Edited by Hotdog

looking good so far. i want to do 4 15s or 3 18s in my next 4th. gotta finish this one first lol

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

The box was designed so I can slide it in and pull it out if need be. Heavy as hell but two of us were able to move it around and lift it with out too much strain. So much work to do now.

Kinda like oh shit what did I get my self into about 3am in the morning kinda things.

The box was designed so I can slide it in and pull it out if need be. Heavy as hell but two of us were able to move it around and lift it with out too much strain. So much work to do now.

Kinda like oh shit what did I get my self into about 3am in the morning kinda things.

That was a good move on your part. i did mine exactly the same way. i was able to squeeze 36 cubes out of my little explorer like that. box is huge and heavy but fit like a glove. my only recommendation is that you bolt it down really well. if it slides right in that means it will easily slide forward as well. i know your not a noob so im sure youve already thought of this :good:

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

That was a good move on your part. i did mine exactly the same way. i was able to squeeze 36 cubes out of my little explorer like that. box is huge and heavy but fit like a glove. my only recommendation is that you bolt it down really well. if it slides right in that means it will easily slide forward as well. i know your not a noob so im sure youve already thought of this :good:

That is why the bottom piece is only one layer. The other sheet is going to be bolted down into the vehicle before I slide the box in then it will be screwed down to that sheet. Then where the seats are bolted down In second row I will use all those bolts to secure the box also. Trust me I do not want 700+ lbs coming at me.

Edited by Hotdog