Sonic Electronix

okay so i bought 2 t1 12" rockford fosgates from a guy in a huge custom box with a power acoustik crypt series cptd1 2200d mono block for 300 bucks.i went to my local audio store just to look around and they wanted to see my system,idk if they were trying to sell stuff or what but he said my amp is underpowering my subs by alot and i need a much larger one.i understand rms,peak and all that stuff,but im lost when it comes to ohms,and such.i have no idea what my ohms are on my subs,and it would help a lot if i knew or if one of u guys could steer me in the right direction with what i should get for an amp or if i should keep the amp on it.the box has 4 wires coming from the back 2- and 2+ so i have the negatives twined together in the -port and the 2 positives tied together in the positive port.can anyone tell me what my ohm wiring is or do i need to take the subs out to look or what.im totally lost here and need some help.these things sure do hit hard to be apparently underpowered.The subs are the older style t1s the silver ones.

Edited by rockfordbasst1

Get a multimeter and test your speaker wire leads. No one can tell you what your Ohm load is.

It could be a dual 2 ohm sub or a dual 4 ohm sub

Dual 2 ohm would be either 8ohm or 2 ohm or .5ohm

Dual 4 ohm would be either 1ohm or 4 ohm or 16 ohm

Edited by Hotdog

alright ill do that.i am also wondering can it hurt the subs to be underpowered and are they being underpowered. i mean the amp is 1300 watts rms at 1ohm i think,if they are plugged into that 1300 watt channel doesnt that mean they are getting 650 watts a piece if they are wired at 1ohm??idk if this helps any but it has 4 wires coming out the back

Edited by rockfordbasst1

Why dont you just get a screw driver, take the subs out, and look at the bottom of the magnet, I will put money down that it says right on it what Ohm they are.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

take the subs out and look at the bottom of them. right on the bottom of the magnet it might have the info for the sub. if not the bottom of the magnet then maybe the side of it. also a picture of how the subs are wired inside the box would help us tell you the ohm load its wired at.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

ive only seen one power acoustik amp that actually made sense on the power ratings...u might not be getting 1300 watts from that amp :/ and i havent heard of underpowering them hurts them, as long as ur not clipping, it shouldnt matter much if u run 200 watts to each or 1200 watts to each, as long as ur not clipping, it shouldnt hurt them

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

I'm with rootxbeer easiest way to find out is to pull out woofer and see printed label. Sometimes coil impedance is engraved on coil itself.

Edited by JR2011bu

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

well i hooked a multimeter up to em and figured out they are wired at 1ohm,now what do you mean by clipping?when i crank it up it pulls so much power from my battery and alternator it shuts off my system then restarts if thats what ur talkin bout but im pretty sure its just cause im in a yota with a 60amp alternator?would doing the big 3 help or just get a gm130amp to help?

well i got to looking and my fuses in the back of my amp are 30a not 60a if that says anything about the power?also i have a 4000 watt spl capacitor,my multimeter says 1ohm when i hook them up to my wires.in each port,but im still wondering the audio shop said something was wrong with my system because it shuts off when i crank it up too loud and my subs are turned up alittle.i just think its cause my alternator is only 60amp?am i right or what,i mean i dont want to mess up the amp or subs,and i dont think they are clicking whatever that means.it gets pretty freaking loud past about 15 or 16 on the head unit and my sub level is at 0. but when i turn em up to about 20-25 my whole head unit and everything shuts off even when my trucks on?is it just my small alternator???any help would be appreciated plz.

thanks.josh

Edited by rockfordbasst1