Second Skin Audio

Trunk Opening

trying to get a box i built to 38x18x18 into my trunk .the trunk is big enough but because of the space deck lid and trunk opening shape i cant get the box in the flat space between the opening is 35 inches and from there to the top opening (rear window bottom) is 17 3/4

can someone give me box dimensions that will fit

or will it hurt to 2 single sub boxes in the trunk running of 1 amp

or should i just go pay couple of hundred for someone to build it in the trunk

(i dont have the time plus its snowing here in germany and the army leaves me no time to work)

what would u guys do

current set-up

kenwood ddx 712

clarion eq

focal 165 k2p front

focal 165v2 rear

2 re audio sexxx 12

us amps md3d

us amps md42

1 optima yellow top (rear)

1 xs power 5100r (front)

big 3 and 1 run 1/0 stinger wire

my build

my rebuild

smd2.gifduck.jpg

i see alot of people makeing the box to big to fit in the trunk opening, building off of how wide the opeing is, say the opening is 20 inches and you build a box 20 inches the box wont fit because you wont be able to angle the box to allow it to fix, i try to build the boxes atleast 4 inches skiner that the opening of the trunk to ensure i have angle room for the box to fit...edit

and when you measure how wide )side to side) you can make the box, put the tape in on one side of the trunk and measure to the far end of the trunk and that measurement will be as big as you can get, because one end of the box will be in the trunk and then the other end of the box will be ontop of the trunk opening, so make it about 3 inches shorter there as well so it will slide in on all directions

Edited by mrwigglezdj

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

I completely feel your pain, I have done it too, thats whay I had to notch the back for the trunk spring and 45 the top corners so that the trunk would close because I measured way too close on my box in my mustang. If the box is just too big for the opening, try designing the box so that it could be sectioned and assembled in the trunk like chevyboy said, unless you can afford the airspace to angle it so that you can fit it in or something along those lines.

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

optima yellow top (extra batt) with big 3

1/0 guage and 3 150amp anls

eclipse cd5000 headunit

lol the mere fact of live and learn deal there, i always mock mine up with a few screws and do a dry test fit before i make it permanent ....

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Did you ever think about taking out your rear seat? I had a customer that had to do this with his sn-95 mustang. The box wouldn't fit through the trunk itself but he took his seat apart and fit right in there quite easily actually. Also had a customer with a impala we took the rear seat apart for and it was easy just a matter of 2 bolts down in-between the seat cushion and seat back and your in...