2 SA-8V.2's for SQL?

Would anyone recommend a couple of SA-8's for a SQL build? I'm not worried about being the loudest dude around but I would like a nice sounding beat in my rig. Build won't happen for a while but I'm just trying to get a product list together before I do anything.

Or does anyone completely advise against it? If so, would you recommend anything?

Thanks in advance! :)

Ok,... so, the same question... does it only get loud.. or loud and sound ok.... hmmmm.....

It is a great sub,..... PM some of those you see running them. I would have to think the little buggar would do about anything you ask.....

With that, and why i said "tuff one" is,........................................well

what power you have to give? enclosure? tune? what car? what do you prefer to listen to music wise? how many of em are you gonna run? .... will it be raining when you buy them or just the wind blowing?.......... and maybe a couple trillion other factors. Do you see what im saying?????

Its just kinda a "out there" question man....

Edit - with that,... what is loud to you? and, what sounds good to you?

Edited by KyLar96

Hahaha I know what you're saying. I guess I wasn't very clear at all.

Let's see...2 woofers, I have a Hifonics BRZ1200.1 for them, not sure on enclosure but it would be built to specs, tuned to probably 30hz, I listen to just about everything EXCEPT rap, don't care about numbers or making people cover their ears when they play..... and I'm gonna hope its a bright, sunny day when I buy them. ;)

I would rather have 4 8s instaead of 2 in this application ported and tuned to 28 htz ... just me

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I would rather have 4 8s instaead of 2 in this application ported and tuned to 28 htz ... just me

Why's that?

P.S. I friggin love your truck. Out of just about every vehicle on here, yours is in my top 3 to listen to at some point in my life.

Why's that?

P.S. I friggin love your truck. Out of just about every vehicle on here, yours is in my top 3 to listen to at some point in my life.

thank you Sir ...

and this is why ... a trailblazer built by team Linear / Blues ...

39042654076_large.jpg

4 8's isoberic style with external port tuning to 28 htz ... Spl up in the higher 140s musically !!!

very small footprint making very BIG noise !!!

Besides, why would I suggest a pair of drivers when I'm running 4 10's my self in Sound Quality ??

Edited by Cablguy184

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I see what you're saying.

Are there any other advantages to having an isoberic setup other than loudness? Would it sound just as good if they weren't setup in an isoberic way? I'm can't wrap my head around how to build an isoberic enclosure or how to wire the subs up.

Also, i'm not really looking for big noise at all, just want some "punch" to the music. Ya know?

Not an expert on it, but from my understanding with isobaric, you gain motor force at the expense of cone area.

Edited by BobbyG2

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*