Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AB18VFL

American Bass XFL 15 power handling?

15 posts in this topic

it's rated at 1000rms, but have heard it could handle up to 2k clean power. can anyone back this up? i would love to slam one of these, the price is too good...

...6000rms between a pair? sounds like a little much

The owner of the company told me at CES, "they can take your 7.5k all day". I think he was trying to make a sale. I will say they are built damn good, but the coils aren't taking that power all day every day. I would say 1500 each for daily is a safe bet.

Nevermind. I was thinking of VFL's.

I still say 1500 though.

would my musical choice matter? i rarely listen to rap. i'll listen to dubstep 5 minutes at a time, in small doses. My listening of choice is metal. maybe 2k would be fine?

I've pushed 1400 on 1 15 daily.

The dude I bought it from before said they took more power than HDs.

Of course he was probably just blowing smoke up my ass, but there was some truth to it.

ran 1500 to mine for 2 weeks.. had 12 xfl 10s.. know people who put 3K on each no problem also.. its all about clean power...

Hate to bump an older thread, but could one of these handle 2500? How about in a 4th order setting?

Yes they can take 2500 clean power - that's pushing their upper limit for reliable daily use, but you should be fine