Sundown Audio

is it hard to replace mosfits in amp?

sbg

so i was thinking... i have a amp that is only runing on 25% of the mosfits, all the others are dead , i never have replaced mosfits before but want to give it a shot . not sure on how hard this will be to do or what it was run for cash. some one out there done this before? and know were to buy mosfits?

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

if you havent done it before, it wouldnt be in your best interest to do it. If it is an amp that is worth repair, get it repaired by a reputable experienced person, if not, make it a nice shelf piece and get a new amp.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

It's much cheaper in the long run if you just take it in and have it repaired the right way instead of trying to repair it yourself.

To answer your question though it is a yes and no kind of thing depending on your knowledge and availability on getting parts to make the repair along with equipment to make sure what your replacing is bad to begin with.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

i would have to ponder why it is that the mosfets are bad in the first place , that being said if there is a reason why they failed to begin with replacing them without solving the rest of issue you might see the same problem again. on the other hand it could be that the mosfets failed because they were on the smaller side , in which case you may want to replace them all with beefier ones .

if you want to take it on i say go for it so long as you want to learn .if you don't want to learn anything ,may be best to pay someone who knows.

Its no easy task you basically have to take the whole amp apart and resolder the fets in also you have to buy a lot of fets they all have differnt reseintens and they all have to match so yyou have to buy a lot to find mathing ones

Sorry for spelling on phonne

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

the others are all correct but if you do want to attempt it, digikey.com would be the place to look. buy a few extras because you want to measure resistance of each FET, they will be slightly different and you want to match those all up as best as possible. ideally they should all be the same but you probably wont be that picky.

what kind of soldering tools/experience do you have? i can help if you really want to try, just to try, but i cant help if you dont have the tools.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

the others are all correct but if you do want to attempt it, digikey.com would be the place to look. buy a few extras because you want to measure resistance of each FET, they will be slightly different and you want to match those all up as best as possible. ideally they should all be the same but you probably wont be that picky.

what kind of soldering tools/experience do you have? i can help if you really want to try, just to try, but i cant help if you dont have the tools.

thats interesting , didn't know that about matching fets ,makes enough sense

Edited by b-dubs89