Second Skin Audio

Infinite baffles good or bad?

I was hoping i would get a answer in my other post without a new one whoops.My friend asked me about infinite baffles and I told him I would ask on here.Cause I am not impartial on them too old school and don't like them.He is planning on using 2 12" Fi subs don't know the power just he's putting it in a 2000 Honda accord.I don't know those subs or herd them in person.So I would like someone with more experience to give some kind of honest advise on this.Me personally I would worry about unloading and no tunning capability's.Also going to do that much work to mount the baffle solid just might as build a whole box but that's my opinion.

Edited by dog24fret

If the subs are for IB use then IB can be great. If those subs are standard Qts then that's not an optimal configuration for them. I say just don't do it.

It's not about if IB is good or bad, it's if the subs fit the application.

I'm putting a target on my chest now.What is the diff in the subs I have no clue on this.I actually thought they where the same shows how much I know.As far as the subs go all I know is that they are Fi.All he told me was size and they have a rms of 1500 I wouldn't have a clue.

I don't no anyone with an IB setup that has sealed there trunk up, it's not called infernate for nothing,

Yes you will get better bass if it is more seales but you don't do IB because you want to put more work in for less reward,

I ran a pioneer IB 10" back in the day when I used my car for work and put it this way it was better then nothin at all

And there cheap as well and take sweet fa power to run so no upgrade needed

If I was you mate look at the fiib3 12" and feed it 3-400rms of good clean power

Then just make a new rear shelf out of 5/8 mdf and put a good set of 6x9 or 6.5 un there as well and he'll have a clean not over the top system with a full usable trunk

IB setups do have their place. You see them more in SQ setups then anything else these days mostly because of the expected output for the system. If your buddy wants a be slamming down the street, then a IB setup is not for him.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

IB setups do have their place. You see them more in SQ setups then anything else these days mostly because of the expected output for the system. If your buddy wants a be slamming down the street, then a IB setup is not for him.

I'll fill him in on that.Hu didn't know that IB was used for SQ.Thanks