Second Skin Audio

Other subs that take as much or more power than an SMD?

I have two Fi SP4's on two DC 3.5k's strapped at 1.4ohm.

I don't know what My box rise is. But they take it like a champ. I can play full tilt for hours.

Do you think that you could run both 3.5ks on 1 sub with no issues(let just say you are seeing 3k per amp after rise? No bullshit, just looking for an honest answer, this thread has turned into a he said she said instead of honest first hand info.

And play full tilt for hours.. Hell no.. As long as i don't clip, i am fine right now.

7000 watts NO.

I am sure i could burp them at 7k each, with a smaller box.

I don't know what My box rise is. But they take it like a champ. I can play full tilt for hours.

Do you think that you could run both 3.5ks on 1 sub with no issues(let just say you are seeing 3k per amp after rise? No bullshit, just looking for an honest answer, this thread has turned into a he said she said instead of honest first hand info.

And play full tilt for hours.. Hell no.. As long as i don't clip, i am fine right now.

7000 watts NO.

That is great information. So you would say that with your experience with the sp4s that he would really be pushing them to their daily limit with a pair of sundown 3000s per sub.

I would see the sp4 as a downgrade from the smds. There isn't any point in downgrading, I would be looking for something similar or better.

This is the type of info that needs to be posted, not all of the I would run this bullshit.

The op wants to run 6000w to 1 sub. There are very few subs on the market that will handle this type of power in a daily application.

Honestly for the price nothing quoted in this post has been close to the SMD. One of the few subs that are built to handle a lot and not drain your wallet at the same time.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Pretty much any good Neodymium motor sub. Incriminator Warden, DC Neo, DD Z...

Did you read the 2k budget. That's the cost of one DC Neo.not sure about the others but I know their up in the price range also.

I can get Team pricing on DC, waiting for Rusty to get back with me now. Also I am not opposed to buying used.

7000 watts NO.

That is great information. So you would say that with your experience with the sp4s that he would really be pushing them to their daily limit with a pair of sundown 3000s per sub.

I would see the sp4 as a downgrade from the smds. There isn't any point in downgrading, I would be looking for something similar or better.

This is the type of info that needs to be posted, not all of the I would run this bullshit.

The op wants to run 6000w to 1 sub. There are very few subs on the market that will handle this type of power in a daily application.

I am wanting to upgrade (hard to not make that statement a "vs" thread) I am thinking about waiting to see what AA has coming out if it will be anytime soon (few months)

This is not a first hand opinion, this is based on talking to rob about the m2 level 6 a few days ago. It is going to be a straight up beast of a sub. Motor force is crazy on it. I will be running a pair on a 9k charging at 16.8v. I expect to see 5k + per sub with no problems. It is still going to be a little bit before they are released, but will be well worth it when they are.

I know rusty has worked to get the price down and be very competitive with the smd.

if you decide to go with the DD9500s i wouldnt go over 5k to them. if you do actually get 7krms clamped thats a lot for one DD9500 daily. if you do get even 5k on one of them I would for sure super charge it so it controls it more and so when it gets close to its xmax you hopefully still have some of the coil over the pole piece so you dont jam anything. The SC option adds some height to your pole piece which keeps coil/former in the gap without busting anything. and ask them to add an extra stiff suspension and all the goodies. even then over 5k is a lot of power for them. remember they are only a 3 inch coil still. but they are beefy. I would highly rec the DDZ at that point. the problem is that is out of your budget. good luck with what ever you do. thats a lot of power

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

This thread is kinda going to shit but just some more first hand info for ya on the lvl 6 op.

A team mate of mine just got to test two of the lvl 6 18 protos. He had them in his 6th order and he said they blew him away. He was running a dc 5k to each (not sure on his load if he was running .5 or 1 ohm or what he was rising to or clamping) but these were the proto versions before any cooling was tooled into them and they handled it just fine. He burped over 155 at 29hz that day if i remember correctly.

Team NorthWestSPL

I had the opportunity to check the guts of a SMD 15" and I can say that will be VERY hard to find a sub that handles what is can handle thermally. The DDZ is a SPL woofer, build to handle short high power bursts and be very loud doing so, and the SMD will take a lot of power and be loud playing music, as the power compression will be less than your average 3" long coil sub. (Voice coil heats, Re increases so power applied drops, so the SPL)

Archived