attached garage/work shops

thats the reality for those who actually build and work on things , by the time you get your tools , bench and other equipment in there isn't much room left for anything else , it actually kind of pisses me off the way most garages are built

I figure if I buy attached ... I can work out of it for now.... then build later ... If I build it wont be small... 40 x 50 with upstairs work shop/ storage..... I plan on buying a house to die in LOL ... i rent from my inlaws now (cheap) ... so I am in no hurry to move (well kinda) .... I would like to be in new house by start of school year (if we change districts ... or winter at the latest (not that i want to move in the snow LOL)

it boggles my mind how a garage is not a selling point of a house..... I could care that there is a "great" room or a formal living room.... my realtor laughs ever house I look at I measure the garage doors first thing LOL ..... I have a lifted jeep and would like an 8 ft high door... (its a big jeep ;) )

3000 sq ft of garage .... 1000 sq ft of house is perfect (wife dont think so LOL).... she would be ok with 1500 sq ft .... and a monster garage tho :)

My 2 car is attached. I redid the seal around the door to the house. Keeps the dust and fumes out for the most part. Enough to keep the wife happy ;) I have invested in a dust collector and I only glass with the door and window open. I have a good size fan I use to help pull the fumes outside.

Looking to invest in a Air purifier to add to the shop to help clean what the dust collector doesn't get.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I'm currently in the process of selling our current place then buying another, and finding a decent garage is hard to come by. And as someone said, maybe set your budget a little cheaper and use extra money for a garage, that may be what I end up doing. But the best one I've seen so far is one that has a one car attached garage and a two car detached garage, and over an acre of land. And I'm like you, I want to end up in a house that I'll want to stay in because buying/selling a house sucks..

I have a "2" car attached and its no two car. I have so much MDF dust from cutting and using the router on everything it drives me nuts. i use my shop vac to try and catch as much as i can but its still everywhere. I clean as i go too, to try and cut down on the amount of dust that winds up in the house. works so far but as for the stuff stored in the garage......its part mdf now. lol

i want a shop so bad and its going to have a dedicated cut room in it too. the next house will that is.

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide

Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

When the garage gets too bad, I grab a mask and the leaf blower and give everything a good dusting :D

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I try to connect my shop vac to my router and table saw as much as I can. Then blow everything at the garage with my air gun. I have an attached garage and I love it. I didn't want a detach garage cuz I feel like ppl are more likely to break in since u can't hear it and the only way to get to my garage is open the garage door with every 1 can hear or trough my house .

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently in the process of selling our current place then buying another, and finding a decent garage is hard to come by. And as someone said, maybe set your budget a little cheaper and use extra money for a garage, that may be what I end up doing. But the best one I've seen so far is one that has a one car attached garage and a two car detached garage, and over an acre of land. And I'm like you, I want to end up in a house that I'll want to stay in because buying/selling a house sucks..

SORRY for the no reply (this is the first time I have been able to get on SMD in a month)

I am currently looking at a house with out a garage ..... I plan on building one ... thinking 24 x 36 or so ... but I now have to deal with getting the township to give the OK before I put an offer in ... I have 4 messages in to the zoning officer ... wait 2 days ... he calls ... I miss the call ... call him back in mins ... and get voice mail ..

I wont put an offer in until I know the garage is a go .... GRRRR ...

My brother purchased his first house just for the shop out back. He had a 2 car attached garage just like your first post photo, and a 2 door but 4 bay wide garage. It was nice.

I have what amounts to a 2 and a half car carport- and even it gets messy. So- leaf blower and water hose come out to clean it up.

You don't think your wife would go for building your own home? ...but a HUGE metal building. You could have living quarters on one side, massive open space for the living area, the garage, then the other side of that... the shop. That is my dream house. lol. Too bad these women get hung up on crap like brick colors and interior paint! All we need is a game room, microwave and fridge, a room to crash and a bathroom. The rest--- all shop.

Good luck on your home search. That stuff can be wicked stressful.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Archived