Kicker to enter Walmart in September

As a business decision- this was a no brainer. PERIOD.

And- I'm not saying I won't actually get a mess of their gear if it is on the cheap. I am NOT so much a snob or too proud to walk out of Wal-Mart with a truck bed full of equipment. I have never had anything against the Kicker brand as a company. I own some Kicker stuff.

I will tell the reason why I don't like Kicker (and please no one take this the wrong way because I am painting with a HUUUGE Brush). When I was first getting into car audio, I started with some flea market stuff then went to MTX. One day I popped into an Audio Store that carried (almost exclusively) Kicker products. We got to talking and when it came out that I had anything OTHER than Kicker- I was an idiot. I was ridiculed. Seriously. I would say that 90% of the people in my town had JUST Kicker stuff. If you tried to talk to them- if you had anything other than Kicker, again- you were a fool and they would literally walk away on you. Almost all of them. I have had this experience with Kicker fans over and over and over.

I know things have changed since then and I shouldn't judge like that, but I did and it stuck with me. ...and here I am doing the same thing now because Kicker made a Business decision. The thing I just don't want to run into again is the same thing- people who think they have the best system ever (now in MASSES) and WON'T take advice (now that I can give more than I could way back when).

That's all- Sorry for the rant. I do wish the best for Kicker. Heaven knows no one wants to see any True audio company fail.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Yes I agree as a business standpoint it was a good decision for them money wise. BUT, people who actually own Kicker stuff now most likely wont appreciate it since Kicker can now be called "Walmart brand" by anyone and everyone. Customer service will probably fall, along with quality. Honestly I loved my Kicker amp that I had long ago...

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

And- I'm not saying I won't actually get a mess of their gear if it is on the cheap. I am NOT so much a snob or too proud to walk out of Wal-Mart with a truck bed full of equipment. I have never had anything against the Kicker brand as a company. I own some Kicker stuff.

I will tell the reason why I don't like Kicker (and please no one take this the wrong way because I am painting with a HUUUGE Brush). When I was first getting into car audio, I started with some flea market stuff then went to MTX. One day I popped into an Audio Store that carried (almost exclusively) Kicker products. We got to talking and when it came out that I had anything OTHER than Kicker- I was an idiot. I was ridiculed. Seriously. I would say that 90% of the people in my town had JUST Kicker stuff. If you tried to talk to them- if you had anything other than Kicker, again- you were a fool and they would literally walk away on you. Almost all of them. I have had this experience with Kicker fans over and over and over.

I know things have changed since then and I shouldn't judge like that, but I did and it stuck with me. ...and here I am doing the same thing now because Kicker made a Business decision. The thing I just don't want to run into again is the same thing- people who think they have the best system ever (now in MASSES) and WON'T take advice (now that I can give more than I could way back when).

That's all- Sorry for the rant. I do wish the best for Kicker. Heaven knows no one wants to see any True audio company fail.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you saying that because of everyone got Kicker and their prides, you just don't like Kicker?

Wouldnt you rather buy something from someone who supported the fun you where having with audio, and not who you bought it from? 90% of business is word of mouth, and if the CUSTOMERS are that shitty, I would wonder how good the company was.

(sarcasm)Great, more junk to sit next to the QUALITY BOSS stuff. What you know about ,my 2000 watt amp for $99???? (/sarcasm)

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

On another note, isn't it time that we all stopped poking fun at the uneducated consumer in our market place? If we laugh at him loud enough, he'll feel unwelcomed and find something else to spend his money on besides car audio. On the other hand, if we take a moment to educate him, show him what a REAL system sounds like, educate him about the brands we all love, etc. we have a chance of making him an enthusiast JUST LIKE WE ARE! By taking an audio "nerd" under your wings, you have the unique opportunity of showing him the way.

Guess what? I was that audio nerd in 1983, not knowing a good brand from a bad one. And the owner of the local shop took me under his wings and showed me the way.

You think you're the baddest in your town? Then I challenge you to take the guy with the Wal-Mart system in his car and show him something. Help him to get his electrical in order. Set the gains on his crappy amps with your DD-1. Help him get his enclosure optimized for his subs.

Make HIM one of US!

That all sounds great, but in reality people who are just a little bit into car audio think they are experts. This is the only hobby that I have seen where (most)everyone "thinks" they are an expert.

There are a few humble ones, but you don't see them guys on forums or sharing their experience.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you saying that because of everyone got Kicker and their prides, you just don't like Kicker?

Nope, I am saying that most of the people I have dealt with in my area that have Kicker think their crap doesn't stink.

There is a huge difference between having brand pride / loyalty, and bashing EVERY other company because it isn't Kicker. It just solidified in my mind over the years and now (on the whole) it seems as if it is coming back on them. IMHO

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

apparently bestbuy wasn't enough

i have a feeling there will be price wars between bb walmart

bestbuy is going way the hell out of business.

wouldnt be surprised if they closed within the next 5 years.

walmart will stay in business because of their low prices that bestbuy cant compete with.

the only 2 things keeping bestbuy in business is: their geek squad and their online store

Guitar and other musical equipment BB stores.

yeah....

cause those are super high quality products that you cant get for cheaper online or a simple guitar center.

'08 Chevy Cobalt coupe 2.2 base model trunk build:

2 9512iSC flatwound alum 1.5 coils

-extra 9500 spider pack

-8" platinum carbon dustcaps

1 DD Z1 (.375ohm nominally daily)

3g31 AGM

320a Ohio Gen alt

1 DD S4 4 channel

4 VO-M8v1's (holes cut for 3rd pair)

2 CS 6.5's

2 VO-B1's

Sony XAV-601BT

all Knu Krystal RCA's

Cadence 7band EQ

148.3db @ 32hz (burp)

148.4 @ 37 & 38hz (burp)

146.xdb 90sec average (center windshield)

Wow ... You guys are making me want to build a Sound Quality vehicle with the Kicker products I won off of the SMD SOTM and win a few LARGE trophies and show you that Kicker can be a great product with great installation skills ... So far, My son's Ram Charger sounds great with the products I won off of SMD ...

Educate people on installation ... not downgrade them for what they don't know ...

There is nothing wrong with kicker products ... Yes, there is better equipment, but it is definitely NOT at the bottom of the car audio "Shitty equipment" list ...

And I know I'm not the only person that shops at walmart for just about everything in your house benificial to living ... Come on guys, Get real ...

Quit your bitching ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

You cant really say kicker will go downhill, I mean, sony and samsung sell some very good t.v's their, they may not be their flagship model

and all but they are good equipment.

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/