Second Skin Audio

Hard ride damaging sub?

Last week I finally got my 15 in my Eclipse, and yesterday I had to take it out. The coil is rubbing pretty bad and it sounds like shit, but I'm not sure if its blown, as I've never blown a sub before and I'm not sure what that sounds like exactly. The sub is rated at 2500 rms and it was getting around 1800. Maybe the sub is just a piece of shit, BUT, could hard bumps (hard enough to make my windsheild wiper lever fall into the first notch) possibly have damaged my sub somehow? I've got 18 inch wheels and lowering springs, plus, most of the roads in Indiana are terrible. Sometimes you can't avoid some turbulence.

'01 Eclipse GT

Obsidian Audio 12's

Hifonics BRZ1700.1d

XS D3400

'Big 3'

My car hates me.

I'd say hard ride didn't do dookie. It was probably driven into clip or just pushed too hard. What's your electrical like? What amp you using?

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

the only way i think rough roads could have done it is bumps caused something to come into contact with the cone . more likely what others said

I would have to agree with everyone so far granted you did hit it pretty hard but I have in my truck when rocking hard bumped hard enough for the tranny to slip out of gear and nothing has happened besides occasionally cracking a box for how it was set up when I had it haha. I would have to say blown have you fired it outside the box yet to listen?

Its all in my sig, amp is a SoundStorm EV5000D @ 1 ohm. Big 3 in 0 gauge, and a XS Power D3400 under the hood.

Gain was just over halfway up, and it sounded really clean and like it could take more power. I haven't played it out of the box but just pushing on the cone you can hear it rubbing.

off topic, your from south bend too! :hi: havent seen your car around

I'm actually from Granger, but yea! The picture of my car was taken on the same parking garage as those pictures of your Jimmy I think. Haha small world.

'01 Eclipse GT

Obsidian Audio 12's

Hifonics BRZ1700.1d

XS D3400

'Big 3'

My car hates me.