adding speakers for SQ

You don't aadd speakers for sq you want it louder that's not sq

Again you want it louder yes add speakers will make it louder

If you want instrumments to sound better that's all in the tunning or how you crossover the speakers best way to do this ditch the passive Xovers and go full active

Seriously, he never once said louder, and from the very begining described SQ pretty well in what he wanted.

To the OP, Like ^^^ Said, for the best would be to go active crossovers, which is where each speaker is connected tot he amp, not through the crossovers. Find yourself an amplifier that has the lowest THD you can find, with the highest Damping factor you can get. That will help with producing the best clarity. Then as far as speakers go, look up the different types of materials woofers and tweets are made of, go to your local best buy or any place that has speakers set up that you can compare to get a real feel for how they sound. Before you purchase anything, make sure you have done a lot of research to make sure what your purchasing is going to do what you are looking for.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

adding on a set of midbass speakers will help with what you want, if you do it correctly. first off, you need two more channels to run the midbass alone. you can get a 3way front stage done with passive crossovers. obviously there are better options but this way will help you. have the midbass speakers crossed over at about 80-200hz. midrange 200-4000 (or as high as those speakers are capable of going) then the tweeter takes the rest. with a combination of passive crossovers and the HPF on your amps, you should be able to get to these cossover points.

just to add, i would still suggest you get better speakers. they will make a difference. but i know, sometimes budgets just wont budge.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

The Hifonics speakers I'm running right now sound 'ok'. I must admit I was disappointed in them after using their amps(which I've had good luck with).

Yesterday, I crossed a wire somewhere and blew my amp for the highs, so I didn't really have time to tweak my EQ with it. Waiting for that to be shipped and repaired.

I do have a 3rd unused 2channel amp. Think I should add 2 midbass speakers with it? Under the driver and passenger seat maybe? Trying to avoid fiberglass kick panels.

Well, here's what I have so far...

sub: 50hz and below

mids: 75-3500hz

tweeters: 3500hz-16000hz

if I add the mid bass, I move my mid to a highpass filter and EQ it at 200hz+ and throw the midbass on a separate amp with the EQ at 80-200hz? Would I have to have a crossover between my mids and highs or can I just use the EQ?

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT (Silver)

Deck: Pioneer X3600BHS

Amps: RF P1000X5

Front: RF P16-S

Rear: RF P1694

Subs: 1 RF P3D2-10

Cabling: Stinger 6 channel RCA, RF 4gauge kit, SkyHighCarAudio 16gauge speaker wire.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188246-caliber-build

Professional Networking: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kade-mallett-332b8a104

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone?

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT (Silver)

Deck: Pioneer X3600BHS

Amps: RF P1000X5

Front: RF P16-S

Rear: RF P1694

Subs: 1 RF P3D2-10

Cabling: Stinger 6 channel RCA, RF 4gauge kit, SkyHighCarAudio 16gauge speaker wire.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188246-caliber-build

Professional Networking: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kade-mallett-332b8a104

Cross your sub higher, or your mids lower.

Nothing really covers 50-75 Hz ?

Get some better speakers. you don't need to run a 3-way set to sound good. A very good set of comps (2way) well installed on a powerful amp (to have headroom) and you're good to go.

I would save some more money and look at the Focal (at least the K series), Morel, JBL GTI, Dynaudio,...etc forget Hifonics, Audiopipe,... then you could sell your current speakers to someone locally.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

OK ... remember that in Sound Quality, Less is More !!!

2-way, or 3-way (active or passive ... doesn't matter) ... installation, driver positioning, aiming, power, Equalization, etc ... is the key for a great sounding system ... Sound Quality and some loudness with good music ...

ALOT more info about how your system is installed will help us out better in helping you with your problem ... not adding drivers, swapping out crossovers, etc ... How much power / headroom are you running to your component set now ??

You might could try and get you a better amp to run your front stage first instead of changing out everything ...

Just a suggestion ...

I'n true Sound Quality ... save your money and search out the "Better Built" products ... maybe more expensive up front, but will save you lots of money later ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch