7900gt Pcie Mess Up

A buddy of mine is letting me borrow his PCIe 7900GT video card cause he got a 8800GT for Christmas and I put it in this computer and finally got a chance to install a game, which was Call of Duty 2 so nothing too hard on graphics but it looks like this:

COD2_VGA.jpg

but not all the time, only when I get to areas with alot of details... I know that this card shouldnt be having problems with it, but what could it be, drivers or is the card just going out? it is eVGA brand, and I have never heard/had problems with them...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

I downloaded Riva Tuner and took down the factory overclocks, that seemed to have helped to a point, there are still some glitches but I might take it down a little more, 490MHz on the core clock and 710MHz on memory clock is what it is set at now

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

definitely go get the newest driver, some quality dx9 should solve your issue. :D Mine did the exact same thing till I updated the driver. (though I have a 8600gts... but it was the same game)

Its called "tearing" I get it from time to time. It is mostly caused by the card being overclocked to much. Evga had a batch of them that went out with the factory overclocking being wrong (my first 7900 had the problem) sent it back to evga and recieved the 7900gt co superclock in return.

Turning the clock settings down was the right thing to do, but you can also reclock the card using rivatuner and it may clear up the problem with it just being reclocked. I also read that a bios flash may help a bit too. But I wouldnt reccomend doing that unless you know a bit about flashing bios. I had a pain in the ass time doing it to mine :( its a bigger pain then flashing bios on your mobo. At least I thought it was.

Its called "tearing" I get it from time to time. It is mostly caused by the card being overclocked to much. Evga had a batch of them that went out with the factory overclocking being wrong (my first 7900 had the problem) sent it back to evga and recieved the 7900gt co superclock in return.

Turning the clock settings down was the right thing to do, but you can also reclock the card using rivatuner and it may clear up the problem with it just being reclocked. I also read that a bios flash may help a bit too. But I wouldnt reccomend doing that unless you know a bit about flashing bios. I had a pain in the ass time doing it to mine :( its a bigger pain then flashing bios on your mobo. At least I thought it was.

That is too bad cause I love this company, im starting to think twice. I am downloading the drivers that you said you are using on your computer, hopefully that does something... Even with the thing clocked down a bit it still messed up in graphical areas, I will keep you guys updated and thanks for the help!

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

is it the card that has the 550 core clock and 1580 memory clock? If so its the same one I got. Most likely it can be sent in and warrentied if you want to go through the hassle of that. I know that when they switched to the KO series, they added better cooling for the cpu and the memory modules and fixed the tearing of images.

is it the card that has the 550 core clock and 1580 memory clock? If so its the same one I got. Most likely it can be sent in and warrentied if you want to go through the hassle of that. I know that when they switched to the KO series, they added better cooling for the cpu and the memory modules and fixed the tearing of images.

Yes it is the same card. Factory overclocked. I am borrowing it from a friend and I am not sure how long he has had it, but I will bring it up to him and see if he wants to send it in. Thanks for the information

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif