Second Skin Audio

be honest, what do you think?

have you tried port to the driver side? or thought about it?

02 Ford Focus ZX3 hatch

4-Infinity Kappa 682.9cf's

DC Lvl 4

Hifonics BRZ 1200.1 @ 1 ohm

Kicker Wires

Rockford RCAs

Future Upgrades

Knu 1/0

XS Power D1200

80 mil audiotechnix B stock

dat shizz solid mane

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

have you tried port to the driver side? or thought about it?

not yet but that is next on the list. turn the box around and do port up sub up port on driver side. i actually just noticed my belt is slipping ( tensioner pulley) its hard to notice that kind of thing when your so loud. it not real bad but a coworker said it was slipping a while ago when i pulled up for work. maybe just putting on the new tensioner pulley will kick up my score.

i actualy just did a 146.6 on a ac-170 yesterday and my belt wasnt slipping at all. took 1st place in my class ( allowed up to 2 subs no more then 15"s ) won me an autostart/alarm package.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

not yet but that is next on the list. turn the box around and do port up sub up port on driver side. i actually just noticed my belt is slipping ( tensioner pulley) its hard to notice that kind of thing when your so loud. it not real bad but a coworker said it was slipping a while ago when i pulled up for work. maybe just putting on the new tensioner pulley will kick up my score.

i actualy just did a 146.6 on a ac-170 yesterday and my belt wasnt slipping at all. took 1st place in my class ( allowed up to 2 subs no more then 15"s ) won me an autostart/alarm package.

When i bought my focus recently my tensioner had to be replaced, sounds like a common fualt, but im sure that it would help out somewhere numbers wise (you would think anyway).

I dont have my new box built yet but i have my 10 inverted now (since my prefab box is way tiny), turned it sideways so the port was facing driver side (rear of the sub is too) and was quite a bit louder to the ear. i keep the larger seat portion folded down usualy

02 Ford Focus ZX3 hatch

4-Infinity Kappa 682.9cf's

DC Lvl 4

Hifonics BRZ 1200.1 @ 1 ohm

Kicker Wires

Rockford RCAs

Future Upgrades

Knu 1/0

XS Power D1200

80 mil audiotechnix B stock

I think a big problem here is that your subs can take 1000W RMS each (older T2s) or 1200W RMS each (if they are newer T2s) and you have a 1500W RMS amp for both, as I read it.

I'm gonna hate

new t2s and the amp i have is rated just under 1900 rms at 1 ohm. but due to voltage and any other little factor im guessing im seeing about 750-850 per which will increase closer to 900 once i get batteries. im looking at maybe getting 2 1000.bdcp running them at 2ohms each and selling my 1500.bdcp so each sub would be seeing between 1150-1225 each with the proper electrical upgrades of course though.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

new t2s and the amp i have is rated just under 1900 rms at 1 ohm. but due to voltage and any other little factor im guessing im seeing about 750-850 per which will increase closer to 900 once i get batteries. im looking at maybe getting 2 1000.bdcp running them at 2ohms each and selling my 1500.bdcp so each sub would be seeing between 1150-1225 each with the proper electrical upgrades of course though.

Even so with your current amp your subs will still be underpowered, birth sheets mean nothing, and you should at LEAST match amp RMS output to sub RMS it's preferential to have a little bit over or up to twice as much and beyond for SQ systems. Getting the two 1000s would do fine but why not get another 1500? If you're buying Rockford amps to match the subs I get it but they are... dare I say... overpriced. Your subs would THUMP on an AQ2200.1D daily and live a happy life.

I'm gonna hate

I'd like the RF stuff and also think the price is a bit steep but I thung the sq from the stuff is a lot better than Aq and will produce much cleaner power befor clipping on the comparison amps

Idd rather 1 amp then 2 it's easier to set and run and is more suited to common chamber boxes

But you could alway strap them at 2 ohm and have the best of both

I'd like the RF stuff and also think the price is a bit steep but I thung the sq from the stuff is a lot better than Aq and will produce much cleaner power befor clipping on the comparison amps

Idd rather 1 amp then 2 it's easier to set and run and is more suited to common chamber boxes

But you could alway strap them at 2 ohm and have the best of both

Fair enough. Be cautious not to make this into a vs. thread or n8ball will teleport here and crap on our good time in .028 seconds.

I'm gonna hate

^^ great you said his name and mentioned another brand the fun is over lmao

i get some good deals from a local shop because of the money i spend there and the money they know im gonna keep spending there. i dont pay retail for anything, not even the wood i buy. and im keeping as much of the build rockford as possible. and i was thinking the same on the strapping 2 1000.1bdcp and i have thought about using 2 1500.1bdcp's and strapping them but once my elelectrical is completed and im holding closer to 14.4 volt i would be getting somewhere between 1500-1700 per sub and i would rather sit closer to 1200 then that. i know i said i get a good price on the stuff but still dont want to be replacing subs/repairing subs to often. i know it can be done safely for a good amount of time but with the way my luck goes i would be replacing it sooner then not. i had a single t2 12 on my 1500.1bd last me about 7 months but i got greedy and try to get another tenth of a db and turned the gain up a hair and smoked the sub. of course that was over a year ago and i have learned a lot since then i just dont want to take to many chances as i have a son on the way and im saving to buy a house

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived