Big 3 Wire brand suggestions

As previously mentioned OFC or copper wire is better than CCA wire however for short runs you can put a crap load of current through them and not have issues. The shorter the runs of power wire you have the more amperage you can draw through them before they overheat or burn. It would be better for using copper wire however like bassick said cca will still get the job done just fine.

Edited by kickass audio

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Funny I know of a couple 160+ cars useing only CCA wire but I see 1 million and 1 little 140db guys swear cca is so bad

Yes the 160 guys have more wire to make up for the cca current draw backs still a shit ton cheaper when you have to run that much wire

It all comes down to how much current the wire can handle over how much distance and what your system will draw. To each their own I say, as long as the end result is wire that will handle the load and deliver the power it needs to.

Me, I'm lazy. Rather have 1 or 2 runs of OFC than 4+ runs of CCA to deliver the same power.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

And in a few years you sooooo good ofc will oxydize and turn green losing all that extra current handling you guys are hung up on where cca crap as its called wont

knowing what i know about metals and such i think there's some truth to this , aluminum oxide protects against corrosion so aluminum don't corrode very much below the surface . still like copper .

Funny I know of a couple 160+ cars useing only CCA wire but I see 1 million and 1 little 140db guys swear cca is so bad

Yes the 160 guys have more wire to make up for the cca current draw backs still a shit ton cheaper when you have to run that much wire

It all comes down to how much current the wire can handle over how much distance and what your system will draw. To each their own I say, as long as the end result is wire that will handle the load and deliver the power it needs to.

Me, I'm lazy. Rather have 1 or 2 runs of OFC than 4+ runs of CCA to deliver the same power.

Well your wrong there 4 runs of cca will out perform 2 runs of ofc and its not delivering power its delivering current

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

And in a few years you sooooo good ofc will oxydize and turn green losing all that extra current handling you guys are hung up on where cca crap as its called wont

knowing what i know about metals and such i think there's some truth to this , aluminum oxide protects against corrosion so aluminum don't corrode very much below the surface . still like copper .

Lol of course there is truth to it I don't talk out my ass on the internet and will have test or research backing any of my advice wish everyone did this

I'm on a TIGHT budget for my build, and I still went with 1/0 Kicker OFC. In a small car with a weak electrical system I decided it was a necessary expense. I can't afford to lose so much as a bit of conductivity. But be that as it may, I've owned KNU 4 gauge CCA and it got the job done as well. Don't expect it to be nearly as flexible though, and expect to have aluminum shavings all over the place.

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

Isn't each strand coated with aluminum though...?

And I would say if you never plan on running more than 3500W or so, just get the CCA.

cca it is, when i do runs to rear batts ill have to think about what i wanna do but prob cca

If your doing long runs you will want to double up the runs see what's more cost efficitive 2 runs of cca or 1 run of ofc the decide but the 2 runs off cca will out preform the 1 run of ofc 1 vs 1 ofc win