So you would stay on a team that wouldn't surround you with help? Lebron had no superstars when he was with the Cavs. He wanted to win a championship and he knew it wasn't going to happen in Cleveland.

At least he understands that the way he left was wrong.

1998 Ford Contour

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P8400BH

Front/Rear Door Speakers: Alpine SPR-68 (Type-R 6x8)

Door Speaker Amplifer: Kicker ZX650.4

Subwoofers: 1 SSA Icon 12"

Amplifier: MB.Quart 1.1500d

Second Battery: XS Power D925

So you would stay on a team that wouldn't surround you with help? Lebron had no superstars when he was with the Cavs. He wanted to win a championship and he knew it wasn't going to happen in Cleveland.

At least he understands that the way he left was wrong.

This. He gave them seven years to build a team around him and they didn't. He put them on his shoulders and carried them all the way to the Finals but he just couldn't do it by himself. Lebron WAS the Cleveland Cavaliers. They had a chance to trade him but they didn't so he walked.

Jordan on the other hand...they built a team around him and gave him plenty to work with. All the years he tried to carry them to a championship by himself he failed. When they put a good squad around him they won it. Think about it...how many championships is Jordan famous for winning on his own...none.

EDIT: Think about it...Jordan and Pippen, Magic, Worthy, and Kareem, Shaq and Kobe, Shaq and Wade, Stockton and Malone (even though they never won one), The Big 3 in Boston, and later on Kobe, Bynum and Gasol. The list goes on.

GREAT teams don't have one guy. I'd rather see Lebron go somewhere else and get a ring or two than suffer the fate that Dirk has (try and try and try and try and try with no help). That'd be a HUGE waste of talent.

Edited by aN-i-No
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Didn't they make it to the eastern conference finals? They weren't a 20 win team. They were one or two guys away. The way some of you responded makes it clear why the world is the way it is. No one wants to work hard and wants to take the easy way out

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The thing is that two top 5 players and a top 20 player got together to form a super team. They SHOULD win every season just based off the talent they have, with no teamwork. I believe it was either Jordan or Magic who said after "The Decision" was all done, that they would never have done something like that. You would not see Magic, Jordan, and Bird join forces to form a team of that caliber. I know that some people argue the Boston Big 3 and they did the same thing. But lets be honest, all three of them were and are at the tailend of their careers. Lebron, Bosh and Wade are in their peak right now. What the Miami Heat did was made basketball wack for a long time. All thats going to happen now is that other large market teams are going to try and make super teams like they did , and make it very hard for the small market teams to try and compete. You are going to see 3-5 big teams and nothing else.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

The thing is that two top 5 players and a top 20 player got together to form a super team. They SHOULD win every season just based off the talent they have, with no teamwork. I believe it was either Jordan or Magic who said after "The Decision" was all done, that they would never have done something like that. You would not see Magic, Jordan, and Bird join forces to form a team of that caliber. I know that some people argue the Boston Big 3 and they did the same thing. But lets be honest, all three of them were and are at the tailend of their careers. Lebron, Bosh and Wade are in their peak right now. What the Miami Heat did was made basketball wack for a long time. All thats going to happen now is that other large market teams are going to try and make super teams like they did , and make it very hard for the small market teams to try and compete. You are going to see 3-5 big teams and nothing else.

Why does everyone keep talking so highly about Miami's Big 3?

They are one of the most inconsistent Big 3 in the league. This last series alone had a couple obvious showings. A game or 2 Lebron had to pretty much do it on his own, then Wade did it on his own, and Bosh it pretty much just there to help clean up.

EDIT: No, I'm not hating, I'm actually glad that Lebron finally got his ring. Just baffled that so much people say it's cuz he basically cheated and got into a super team or something to get that ring. He's been putting it all out there since the day he got in the NBA, he just never had anyone to help him get things done. Like someone posted, no big name has won a title without having their duo or their Big 3.

Edited by Berto

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

funny how NBA allowed the trades to land Garnet, Pierce and Allen to the Celtics then allowed the trades that landed Bosch, and Lebron with Wade in Miami. When Lakers had Chris Paul ready to come to LA the NBA stated that it was not in the NBA's best of interest to allow Paul be traded yet he was traded the next day to the Clippers. I call this bullshit

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Kobe Bryant swears he's moved on from the three-team trade that was nixed by NBA commissioner David Stern last week, ultimately preventing the Los Angeles Lakers from acquiring Chris Paul.But that doesn't mean Bryant is buying Stern's explanation that he acted independently of the protests of owners and vetoed the trade purely because of "basketball reasons."

They weren't trades, they were free agents.

Jordan, Magic and Bird say that now, but I bet if they were on a team where they weren't able to make it to the finals and they didn't get players to help they would've jumped ship too. They're saying it now to make them look like the good guy.

1998 Ford Contour

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P8400BH

Front/Rear Door Speakers: Alpine SPR-68 (Type-R 6x8)

Door Speaker Amplifer: Kicker ZX650.4

Subwoofers: 1 SSA Icon 12"

Amplifier: MB.Quart 1.1500d

Second Battery: XS Power D925

Didn't they make it to the eastern conference finals? They weren't a 20 win team. They were one or two guys away. The way some of you responded makes it clear why the world is the way it is. No one wants to work hard and wants to take the easy way out

Like I said...you could be like Dirk and put your heart and soul into something you love dearest and MAYBE get one. You could end up like Barkley or Stockton/Malone or Ewing or Miller and get none. Times have changed because more now than ever people are starting to realize that you can study hard, work hard, do everything right and STILL end up with nothing. Why not try to guarantee success any way you can?

Yes, Cleveland made the Eastern Conference Finals and even the NBA Finals but it took 7 years. Who was his help in Cleveland? (Lol Gibson? Williams? Jamison? Hell no, they aren't winners) I don't disagree at all with what Lebron did. Nobody wants to be the guy that never got a ring. That automatically removes you from the Great category regardless of your talent.

Oh and to the guy that says "super teams" make basketball lame...well uh...tell that to OKC or Memphis or Denver. As much as I think Lebron deserved the championship I think the OKC organization did an EXCELLENT job of building a team. Shit, they RAN through the West like no other and will come back strong next year, provided that they stay healthy. Did LA cheat when they had Shaq AND Kobe? Did San Antonio cheat for having Robinson AND West? I guess Magic, Worthy, and Kareem should have all been on separate teams just so things would be fair?

Edited by aN-i-No
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1