Something For You Sq Guys

Honestly them Alpha mids are pretty damn good speakers, we used to deal with alot of these, well, actually Everyday, and they used the Eminence Alpha midbass version, and a compression driver (rubicon 450) And they are SERIOUSLY LOUD AND CLEAN, they are designed to be played in a large open environment, but even when installed in a car, they kick major ass. Put it this way, these speakers were designed, and enginered to be played on a tower on a boat, facing the skier, riding about 50 ft behind the boat, while jammin to these speakers, going like 40mph on open water with all that air blwog by you, and water splashing... And just for some good ole music crankin

Thats all when I worked for Skylon out here in Sacramento- Rio Linda

Edit:

This was the link to the speakers we used to instal when I worked for Skylon last year

http://www.skylonsports.com/products/towerspeakers.htm

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Honestly them Alpha mids are pretty damn good speakers, we used to deal with alot of these, well, actually Everyday, and they used the Eminence Alpha midbass version, and a compression driver (rubicon 450) And they are SERIOUSLY LOUD AND CLEAN, they are designed to be played in a large open environment, but even when installed in a car, they kick major ass. Put it this way, these speakers were designed, and enginered to be played on a tower on a boat, facing the skier, riding about 50 ft behind the boat, while jammin to these speakers, going like 40mph on open water with all that air blwog by you, and water splashing... And just for some good ole music crankin

Edit:

This was the link to the speakers we used to instal when I worked for Skylon last year

pretty interesting onformation. any of you have links to eminence alphas. im not interested in buying any just interested in looking at thier products

Edit:

pretty interesting onformation. any of you have links to eminence alphas. im not interested in buying any just interested in looking at thier products

funny stuff about this brand. did you know that one of there 12 inch woofers can take 30,000 watts RMS, and hit 178.9 DB's. thats what this hillbilly redneck at work tried to tell me today. i just laughed right in his face. he told me that his type r alpins hits 150ish. again i laughed so hard i snorted. i went to check it out and when i was done making fun of him i let him hear my buddies set-up. which is exactly what i had in my car. this hillbilly told me that it was at least 200 DB's. i just walked away at that point. it may have been 120-130. he swore the he is a iasca judge too.sorry for the thread jack.

----reference's----

meade916

funny stuff about this brand. did you know that one of there 12 inch woofers can take 30,000 watts RMS, and hit 178.9 DB's. thats what this hillbilly redneck at work tried to tell me today. i just laughed right in his face. he told me that his type r alpins hits 150ish. again i laughed so hard i snorted. i went to check it out and when i was done making fun of him i let him hear my buddies set-up. which is exactly what i had in my car. this hillbilly told me that it was at least 200 DB's. i just walked away at that point. it may have been 120-130. he swore the he is a iasca judge too.sorry for the thread jack.

a single type r can hit 150's
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

I have the Beta 8's in my back doors of the X, There a little thin for me. They do get damn loud and are very clear.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=290-404

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

There is the Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma, and Kappa series in the American Original line. Each is basically the big brother to the line below.

The Alphas are available anywhere from 6" to 15", with RMS rating of 100rms for the 6 to 200rms for the 15.

The Kappas are available in 12" and 15" versions. They have RMS ratings of 450rms to 600rms.

Each line is only available in a bigger size. The Alpha is available from 6", the Beta from 8", the Delta from 10' and so on.

They also have a full line of Subwoofers, Coaxials, and Neodymium midranges. Eminence really makes a quality product. They wouldnt be one of the largest speaker manufacturers in the entire world if they werent. Pro Audio speakers have their place, just like anything else. If installed and tuned/crossed over correctly, they can sound great. A while back a car won a bunch of SQ competitions and it only ran Eminence pro audio equipment.

Eminence may not make a flashy product, but if done correctly, you can get great results. I wish more people were open minded and gave things a real shot before just saying "that wont work" or "that will sound like crap". Of all the great installersand extremely knowledgable people that I know, none of them have any problem with any Pro Audio equipment ran in cars as long as its done the right way.

The only people that I have met that pass it off as a "fad" or "annoyance" are just the people who read online forums, see other people flame it, and just do the same thing. Without ever even hearing a PA setup they just pass it off as garbage because thats the cool thing to do on stereo forums.

Just wish people would have an open mind. They might find something that works better for what they are trying to achieve than what they currently have.

Its not a fad or popular thing at all for me to say what im saying. I'll never have to hear your setup so its almost pointless to have a conversation.

I just have a very hard time with your logic that normal components cant be heard

Oh they can, but when youre doing 157-158 on music, you need some serious highs to cut through the bass.

Its not that they cant be heard, its just that to be able to hear them, Id have to run an assload of them. And to be honest, I dont have that kind of money. And even if I did, I would still wouldnt run them in this kind of setup.

Archived