Jump to content

Something For You Sq Guys


Recommended Posts

Posted

first off, no one said anything about 50 watts.

second, heres your 10" type-r 150 videos.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...amp;#entry72816

well this is the set-up the redneck had. a single typeR with only 50 watts claiiming 150. second i think that video is straight bullshit. why would i believe that a typeR10 could hit 150 when i cant even see the sub or where the TL is placed. should i just take yours and the videos word. i think not. third of all. A SINGLE ALPINE TYPE-R WITH 50 WATTS WILL NEVER EVER EVER HIT 150. i dont give a fuck who tells me it will i know it wont period

----reference's----

meade916

Posted

I dont really care what it meters, but it will be 24 15s on 22,000rms just on the subs. My last system was about 8,000rms less and was doing mid-low 150s on music, and this one will be wayyyy louder.

I hope it is. There is nothing More frustrating then to build a system expecting it to do something and it doesn't

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Posted

i thought you said you never really could play it more then 30 seconds without problems starting to arise?

Posted

After I swapped out to a higher impedance (amps eat at .7 instead of .35) I could play it for a couple songs full tilt. Still wanted more though.

This guy Tommy has a van with 12 SSD 15s and 6 Clarion 1500s and Johnny told me it takes a shit on his van (which had 16 SSD 12s and 8 Clarion 1500s at the time) and his van would Bassrace a 155. Thats what everyone told me. They said its more intense than Jethro Easons van, and he is doin 158s in Bassrace. Everyone told me it moved more air than Frankie's Lexus, which can Bassrace a 157 or so, and Bassbox over a 160.

And thats just 12 15s on 9,000rms. A couple batteries and a stock alternator. Would play for a while on the batteries, then had to let it recharge. So Im going to be running double the subs, more than double the power. We got the SSD 12s and 15s down when it comes to what airspace they like. Will be running sealed, anywhere from 2.5-3 cubes per sub.

No matter what it meters, its just going to destroy people. Im going for flat out earth moving, mind numbing bass.

Posted

After I swapped out to a higher impedance (amps eat at .7 instead of .35) I could play it for a couple songs full tilt. Still wanted more though.

This guy Tommy has a van with 12 SSD 15s and 6 Clarion 1500s and Johnny told me it takes a shit on his van (which had 16 SSD 12s and 8 Clarion 1500s at the time) and his van would Bassrace a 155. Thats what everyone told me. They said its more intense than Jethro Easons van, and he is doin 158s in Bassrace. Everyone told me it moved more air than Frankie's Lexus, which can Bassrace a 157 or so, and Bassbox over a 160.

And thats just 12 15s on 9,000rms. A couple batteries and a stock alternator. Would play for a while on the batteries, then had to let it recharge. So Im going to be running double the subs, more than double the power. We got the SSD 12s and 15s down when it comes to what airspace they like. Will be running sealed, anywhere from 2.5-3 cubes per sub.

No matter what it meters, its just going to destroy people. Im going for flat out earth moving, mind numbing bass.

So what did you meter?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Posted

I havent built my system yet. Gotta wait until my Expo sells to get the van. Hopefully it will all be ready for SBN at the end of March. I got all the money I need, but I got no place for 24 15s in my house.

Its just down to a waiting game to see if my car sells in time.

Posted

After I swapped out to a higher impedance (amps eat at .7 instead of .35) I could play it for a couple songs full tilt. Still wanted more though.

This guy Tommy has a van with 12 SSD 15s and 6 Clarion 1500s and Johnny told me it takes a shit on his van (which had 16 SSD 12s and 8 Clarion 1500s at the time) and his van would Bassrace a 155. Thats what everyone told me. They said its more intense than Jethro Easons van, and he is doin 158s in Bassrace. Everyone told me it moved more air than Frankie's Lexus, which can Bassrace a 157 or so, and Bassbox over a 160.

And thats just 12 15s on 9,000rms. A couple batteries and a stock alternator. Would play for a while on the batteries, then had to let it recharge. So Im going to be running double the subs, more than double the power. We got the SSD 12s and 15s down when it comes to what airspace they like. Will be running sealed, anywhere from 2.5-3 cubes per sub.

No matter what it meters, its just going to destroy people. Im going for flat out earth moving, mind numbing bass.

So did you meter this the old system?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Posted

Yeah I did Bassrace first time I ever metered it. Wasnt sure of the peak note, and the song ended up about 7-10hz higher than the actual peak note (song was about 45hz), amps were melting at .35ohm since it was 120 on the blacktop in the parking lot. Subs were about to toast because I was playing demoing them on and off (more on than off) for a good 45 mins leading up to the run.

So even with all that it Bassraced a 151.2 with a late start. That score doesnt reflect what it was capable of at all. I would put any money anyone wanted to bet that it would do a ~155 at 40hz or below in the right conditions.

If you've seen my video you know what it was capable of.

Posted

I love how you are estimating TL numbers based on power and cone area...I think there are a couple more factors in there that effect SPL. But hey, what do I know...

2001 Blazer

Pioneer 5900IB - (2) DC Level 3 10"s - Sundown 1500D

dc_sig.gif

Posted

i will give it this , it moved the shit out of air according to those vids ive seen that he has up on youtube

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3797 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...