Super Tweeters. Worth it?

Names_jeff

Would be running them with a 175.4 but i just don't want them to be too harsh, more of just hearing the music clearly over the bass kinda deal

When I said power I was talking about your sub stage. The question to ask is do I want SQ or do I want to be loud? Comps can keep up with a sub stage it just depends on how much power your sub stage is packing.

Ohhh gotcha 2 DC XL 12's on a DC 5k. you think comps will do the trick? im kinda thinking about running active as well.

On 5k I would run em just because it's 5k, there are comps that can keep up don't get me wrong but you won't find em for as cheap as you can get some pro mids and super tweets.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Would be running them with a 175.4 but i just don't want them to be too harsh, more of just hearing the music clearly over the bass kinda deal

When I said power I was talking about your sub stage. The question to ask is do I want SQ or do I want to be loud? Comps can keep up with a sub stage it just depends on how much power your sub stage is packing.

Ohhh gotcha 2 DC XL 12's on a DC 5k. you think comps will do the trick? im kinda thinking about running active as well.

On 5k I would run em just because it's 5k, there are comps that can keep up don't get me wrong but you won't find em for as cheap as you can get some pro mids and super tweets.

Your saying it's much easier to just run active and buy pro mids instead of comps?

No not at all running active requires more work dialing in the frequencies to your listening habits. It takes less power to make pros and super tweets loud but not as easy to get them to the sound you like. Comps for the most part the crossovers are already dialed for a good sound that wont damage the mid nor the tweet. Both has its pros and cons both could be used in your application at the end of the day its really up to the user/listener. In an active setup you have complete control over your system.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

No not at all running active requires more work dialing in the frequencies to your listening habits. It takes less power to make pros and super tweets loud but not as easy to get them to the sound you like. Comps for the most part the crossovers are already dialed for a good sound that wont damage the mid nor the tweet. Both has its pros and cons both could be used in your application at the end of the day its really up to the user/listener. In an active setup you have complete control over your system.

Alright, i know what you mean now.lol thanks for breaking it down. I will probably run comps only because i wont have as much trouble getting them to sound to my liking. If i was running more power to bigger woofers or something then yeah, i would run active to get them as loud and clear as possible but for now, comps will do. Also alot more fine tuning with active. Back to the thread though, Whats the main reasoning for supertweets in the first place?

Thanks for all the input People! :D

Archived