IBleedMusick Posted June 24, 2012 Report Posted June 24, 2012 Would be running them with a 175.4 but i just don't want them to be too harsh, more of just hearing the music clearly over the bass kinda deal When I said power I was talking about your sub stage. The question to ask is do I want SQ or do I want to be loud? Comps can keep up with a sub stage it just depends on how much power your sub stage is packing. Ohhh gotcha 2 DC XL 12's on a DC 5k. you think comps will do the trick? im kinda thinking about running active as well. On 5k I would run em just because it's 5k, there are comps that can keep up don't get me wrong but you won't find em for as cheap as you can get some pro mids and super tweets. 2013 Dodge Charger Build Log 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0Build Log 2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe Build Log SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!My Selling Feedback
alenv10 Posted June 24, 2012 Report Posted June 24, 2012 get some tw44's $15 a tweeter NOTHING DOWN HERE YET OBSIDIAN FTW
Names_jeff Posted June 24, 2012 Author Report Posted June 24, 2012 Would be running them with a 175.4 but i just don't want them to be too harsh, more of just hearing the music clearly over the bass kinda deal When I said power I was talking about your sub stage. The question to ask is do I want SQ or do I want to be loud? Comps can keep up with a sub stage it just depends on how much power your sub stage is packing. Ohhh gotcha 2 DC XL 12's on a DC 5k. you think comps will do the trick? im kinda thinking about running active as well. On 5k I would run em just because it's 5k, there are comps that can keep up don't get me wrong but you won't find em for as cheap as you can get some pro mids and super tweets. Your saying it's much easier to just run active and buy pro mids instead of comps?
IBleedMusick Posted June 24, 2012 Report Posted June 24, 2012 No not at all running active requires more work dialing in the frequencies to your listening habits. It takes less power to make pros and super tweets loud but not as easy to get them to the sound you like. Comps for the most part the crossovers are already dialed for a good sound that wont damage the mid nor the tweet. Both has its pros and cons both could be used in your application at the end of the day its really up to the user/listener. In an active setup you have complete control over your system. 2013 Dodge Charger Build Log 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0Build Log 2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe Build Log SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!My Selling Feedback
bighossf150 Posted June 24, 2012 Report Posted June 24, 2012 I like my aq super tweets, can beat $30 for the pair Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Names_jeff Posted June 24, 2012 Author Report Posted June 24, 2012 No not at all running active requires more work dialing in the frequencies to your listening habits. It takes less power to make pros and super tweets loud but not as easy to get them to the sound you like. Comps for the most part the crossovers are already dialed for a good sound that wont damage the mid nor the tweet. Both has its pros and cons both could be used in your application at the end of the day its really up to the user/listener. In an active setup you have complete control over your system. Alright, i know what you mean now.lol thanks for breaking it down. I will probably run comps only because i wont have as much trouble getting them to sound to my liking. If i was running more power to bigger woofers or something then yeah, i would run active to get them as loud and clear as possible but for now, comps will do. Also alot more fine tuning with active. Back to the thread though, Whats the main reasoning for supertweets in the first place? Thanks for all the input People!
Names_jeff Posted June 24, 2012 Author Report Posted June 24, 2012 I like my aq super tweets, can beat $30 for the pair Might have to look into those!
CleanSierra Posted June 24, 2012 Report Posted June 24, 2012 Is it worth having super tweeters? when already running (2) 2' tweets in each door. -thanks You're running 2'(two FOOT?) tweets? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
MrSkippyJ Posted June 24, 2012 Report Posted June 24, 2012 Personal preference man. I personally can't stand the way super tweets sound. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Names_jeff Posted June 24, 2012 Author Report Posted June 24, 2012 Is it worth having super tweeters? when already running (2) 2' tweets in each door. -thanks You're running 2'(two FOOT?) tweets? Typing mistake haha 2"
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.