I have a 2001 lincoln ls v8 an my tranny has gone to shit on me. I whent to one of the mechanics and he said that it was going to be from 2000 to 3000 to fix it that sounds crazy. I just want to know if that is a resonable price or am I getting scamed before anybody says to check around im working all week thanks as soon as I can go around other shops I will I just want a ballpark estement of what it should be thanks

a buddy of mine thought his tranny was bad on his 03 ls........the price he got quoted to rebuild and install was roughly 2500.......but it ended up being something else....and the mechanic he took it to is the only mechanic i take my vehicles to.....so 2000 to 3000 grand may be right.....the mechanic says its a bitch to work on the LS.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

replacement labor time on that car is 5.2 hours for a complete unit with transfer of parts (Sensors, levers, mounts ect...)

Overhaul labor time is 15.1 hours. Figure most shops range on tranny labor anywhere from $65-95 per labor hour and that you are looking at a usual profit range of a total job being 50% parts and 50% labor or even more on the parts side and i think you can do the math.

Welcome to drive line repair on vehicles. The shit is expensive...

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

i love the lincoln LS but the tranny seems to be shit in these cars...........but the mechanic told me they are great cars just expensive to repair....

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

i love the lincoln LS but the tranny seems to be shit in these cars...........but the mechanic told me they are great cars just expensive to repair....

The only thing ive done to the care is spark plugs the coils oil changes and h/o alt wich was a paine in the ass

2200 ish for a rebuild in my truck

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

2200 ish for a rebuild in my truck

which tranny do you have 4L60e or 4L80e , i have seen many rebuilt 4L60e trans on ebay and other places , in the $600-800 dollar range but i know the 4L80e is alot more expensive , its found mostly in 2500 series chevy and a small handfull of 1500 series trucks .

OP: looks like there are a handfull of used trans for the lincoln ls on ebay in the 600-800 range ,but no rebuilts . i would try to find a company that deals in rebuilt or remanufacured transmissions . i am pretty sure that would be cheaper than paying most mechanics the labor to do the rebuild .