ground loop

whats the best way to eliminate a ground loop? i did the wire around RCAs on deck ( pioneer) but i still have a whine gets louder as rpms go up.. sometimes it comes threw the subs also

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

I believe you can run a 14g wire connecting all the grounds of all the equipment in the system together to help eliminate alt whine. Never had alt whine before though so I don't know from experience.

when you wrapped that wire around the rca did you ground it to you cd player? my pioneer was having the same proplem and i wrapped some 16gauge around the rca's and then grounded it to the cd player and it fixed it completely.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

• 2 weeks later...

im curious about this as well

would wrapping wire around RCA jacks on amps, then grounding to rear batterys be a good idea?

tried this, didnt work

when i wrap a wire around an rca, and just leave it attached to nothing, plug the rca, its gone, but bass doesnt play....

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same problem with my pioneer, rip it out, and electrical tape the shit out of you're ground wire, problem solved

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

4 cubes tuned to about 34hz

DC 3.5k

1/0 Welding Supply Ultra Flex

Stock 140A alt

Stinger Fuses & Fuse Holders

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

ive got really bad alt whine too, just when i push the rcas in, it goes away, and never touch it its fine, but once they touch the back of the slot for the headunit it comes back, ima ground loop it see if it works for my kenwood.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Archived