Second Skin Audio

Opinions plz Digital Designs or Sundown Audio?

Also, I wouldn't really call this a vs thread. He was stating that he has DD for his past few builds and was asking if he should try out Sundown or just stick with DD.

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Wiring; 2 runs of 2/0 OFC & Big 3.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

Enough with the IB4L bullshit, quit post farming. If that's all you're going to say, then don't post at all.

Also, I HIGHLY recommend trying Sundown. I had just installed my two SA-12s yesterday and they sound fucking magnificent.

They're so clean sounding & get so loud even with the bass knob all the way down and gain half way up.

What kinda amp? Alot of amps either the bass knob controls gain (all the way up is where you set your gain on your amp, and down is all the way down on gain) or some of them are bass boost. If its boost leave it down...and if its gain..than you effectively have the gain all the way down by having the knob down.

brz 2100.

Then you remote is adjusting the gain...so if you have it all the way down your gain is down. Iif your gain is where it should be... than when you get to 3/4 or so on the knob it is like unpluggin it or having it at whatever your gain adjustment on the amp is. I used to use my knob to turn it down on bass intensive songs and than I could put it back to normal for regular music.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Also, I wouldn't really call this a vs thread. He was stating that he has DD for his past few builds and was asking if he should try out Sundown or just stick with DD.

oh i get it, so it'a a VS thread...

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Almost any threads that gets started on here that say " x brand or y brand " or ask what is better, even in their application ,gets closed as a VS thread. You are better off asking some people to post experiences with a certain sub, without naming the sub you are comparing too.

IMHO -- Some VS. threads would actually be a good thing...same power -optimal box- same test enviroment...and list results including response etc....

but usually these threads result in the my brand is better than yours crap....and numbers / loudness/ performance vary vastly when it comes to just vehicles...let alone enclosure/amp/batteries/wire etc.

Comparing any brand to another is a VS.

Edited by Chris Hammer

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I have had DD1508, DD2510,DD2512. But i havnt tried any sundown or heard any in person. So any opinions would help whether to try sundown or stick with dd.

Isn't there a LOT of brands out there??? Are you comparing price/performance or what.

Enough with the IB4L bullshit, quit post farming. If that's all you're going to say, then don't post at all.

Also, I HIGHLY recommend trying Sundown. I had just installed my two SA-12s yesterday and they sound fucking magnificent.

They're so clean sounding & get so loud even with the bass knob all the way down and gain half way up.

What kinda amp? Alot of amps either the bass knob controls gain (all the way up is where you set your gain on your amp, and down is all the way down on gain) or some of them are bass boost. If its boost leave it down...and if its gain..than you effectively have the gain all the way down by having the knob down.

brz 2100.

Then you remote is adjusting the gain...so if you have it all the way down your gain is down. Iif your gain is where it should be... than when you get to 3/4 or so on the knob it is like unpluggin it or having it at whatever your gain adjustment on the amp is. I used to use my knob to turn it down on bass intensive songs and than I could put it back to normal for regular music.

I didn't set my gain with a DD-1 or anything, I just set it to the 12 o clock position and called it a day.

I don't exactly know where the 2 volt mark is or where it would be, so I just set it to what I thought wouldn't be too much.

I usually keep it all the way down and turn it up when on the freeway and whatnot,

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

brz 2100.

I didn't set my gain with a DD-1 or anything, I just set it to the 12 o clock position and called it a day.

I don't exactly know where the 2 volt mark is or where it would be, so I just set it to what I thought wouldn't be too much.

I usually keep it all the way down and turn it up when on the freeway and whatnot,

I will get flamed for this probably but cheap mans way....play a test tone with gain all the way down..Head unit up to where you think distortion starts. Slowly turn the gain up until the cone on your subs does not travel any farther...like they hit a peak excursion wise...back the gain off some and call it a day just dont get too happy with it and you should be alright....

Not perfect but should get you by. I dont have a DD-1 yet or access to an oscope or a way to clamp it so I have been doing this for a while. Man I can already feel someone glaring at my advice right now getting ready to put it on blast but when you can only spend 500$ on your setup a DD-1 or oscope is out of budget.

OP sorry for the thread jack. I dont think it would be beneficial going to sundown because you will lose money and imo I dont think the difference would be worth it. Why not stick with the DD 10" you were trying to sell earlier....sell the 12" and get another 10" than run dual 10's like you said before.

Edited by Chris Hammer

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

brz 2100.

I will get flamed for this probably but cheap mans way....play a test tone with gain all the way down..Head unit up to where you think distortion starts. Slowly turn the gain up until the cone on your subs does not travel any farther...like they hit a peak excursion wise...back the gain off some and call it a day just dont get too happy with it and you should be alright....

Not perfect but should get you by. I dont have a DD-1 yet or access to an oscope or a way to clamp it so I have been doing this for a while. Man I can already feel someone glaring at my advice right now getting ready to put it on blast but when you can only spend 500$ on your setup a DD-1 or oscope is out of budget.

My friend out in Pontiac knows this kid Kyle who tunes your amp with a DD-1 for 15 dollars. Just gotta get the gas money to go out there.

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

brz 2100.

My friend out in Pontiac knows this kid Kyle who tunes your amp with a DD-1 for 15 dollars. Just gotta get the gas money to go out there.

That would be worth in IMHO

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to: