Logitech Z-5500 Speaker System (update 01-07-08)

old thread but, i ordered myself a set so come christmas time, ill let you know how they sound.

also ordered this http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00...BC/ref=dp_olp_2 so i could have digital sound and 5.1 surround on my laptop :P

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

• 3 weeks later...

old thread but, i ordered myself a set so come christmas time, ill let you know how they sound.

also ordered this http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00...BC/ref=dp_olp_2 so i could have digital sound and 5.1 surround on my laptop :P

I had two sets of Z-5500's a while back. Sold one and saved up for two pioneer premier 12's in my bedroom. The Z-5500 sub is pretty beasty but just couldn't be compared to a car subwoofer. Anyways, so your laptop has optical output right?

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

• 4 weeks later...

I had two sets of Z-5500's a while back. Sold one and saved up for two pioneer premier 12's in my bedroom. The Z-5500 sub is pretty beasty but just couldn't be compared to a car subwoofer. Anyways, so your laptop has optical output right?

i have the same setup! i freakin love it... it shakes EVERYTHING... young geezy "air forces" slams hard

I was wondering how you could have two of these play off 1 computer??? anyone know

i have the same setup! i freakin love it... it shakes EVERYTHING... young geezy "air forces" slams hard

I was wondering how you could have two of these play off 1 computer??? anyone know

I'm assuming using splitters.

I just got my Z-2300s about a week ago. The 8" sub can hit extremely hard, but it has trouble hitting down low. At ~35 hz and up, it will hit, but below that, you start getting iffy. But for everyday listening, these get the job done. I just didn't have the space for a 5.1 setup.:( How do the Z-5500 compare? I think I'm going to convince one of the friends of the family to get the 5500 just so I can compare. lol

But this setup continues to amaze me and everyone I show it to. Worst case scenario, I'll pull the old RF Punches my brother had and rig those up some kind of way.

EDIT: Whose "young geezy?" lol

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

yeah just use a y splitter thats what i did with mine.

a Y splitter on the black cable?? or all the inputs...

Put a splitter in the source, then plug the jacks from the speakers into the splitter.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had the Z5500 for a few years now and they are outstanding for the price. A friend of mine left the island (I live in Hawaii) and gave me his, less than a year old, for free! So I will be experimenting with 2 sets. I think I can just use a 3.5mm jack. We will see. Nice Mac BTW.

DDAudio002-1.jpg

lP lR O Jl lE C T - C G 6

DD 9512G - DD M2A - DDA W - DD S4A - ALPINE W505 - IMPRINT

• 2 weeks later...

Archived