Question for you HVAC workers?

I just got done cleaning my AC unit today and Furnace down stairs. Also installed a new digital Thermostat

AC has been running for about 3 hours now and house is feeling nice and cool. I have the temp set at 70 deg but the thermostat is reading 81 deg so I grabbed a temp scan tool and I am getting the following temps in the room where the thermostat is located.

Duct temp is below 60 deg and blowing good

83.6 deg Center room at ceiling

78.6 Deg center room at floor

Temperature outside is about 102 deg

Questions

1. What is a typical difference in temperature from floor to ceiling

2. With the temp outside being so high(102) and the starting point of about 88-90 deg inside the house when I turned the AC on do you think it is dropping properly?

Little back ground last night I had to turn the furnace on to 90 deg for about 10 min to melt the ice off the evaperator coil then ran with just the fan for 15min then turned AC on and temp started dropping. I knew I had to clean the AC unit the next day so now that the AC unit is cleaned the evaperator coil is working as it should now.

Most AC systems are designed to run corresponding to these temps:

95 outside

75 inside

If it's hotter than 95 outside and the AC is set low, like yours is set at 70, it's never going to reach 70. The coolest it will get in the house is probably 78-80.

I would say that your AC is doing all it can do, but it's going to keep on running and running trying to reach your desired temp of 70. I'd set it to 75 and see if it can get the temp down that low first, and if it can, then drop it to 72-73, then 70.

You changed the filter in the return vent, right?

And yes, heat always rises, so it's going to be cooler at the floor then at the ceiling.

Edited by HatersGonnaHate

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Yes did everything.

Turned power off, Vacuumed and cleaned the furnace,Changed Filter, Vacuumed and sprayed out the AC unit outside which was dirty as hell (guess I will have to check it more often), Installed new Digital thermostat. Turned AC on and it is much much better.

Cool deal. Just stay on top of cleaning the outdoor coils. Should be done every 6 months, or in the transition from fall to winter and from spring to summer. Home depot has some coil cleaner that you spray on, let it foam up and sit, then rinse it off. Doing this will save you a lot of money instead of calling an hvac tech to do it.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Most AC systems are designed to run corresponding to these temps:

95 outside

75 inside

If it's hotter than 95 outside and the AC is set low, like yours is set at 70, it's never going to reach 70. The coolest it will get in the house is probably 78-80.

I would say that your AC is doing all it can do, but it's going to keep on running and running trying to reach your desired temp of 70. I'd set it to 75 and see if it can get the temp down that low first, and if it can, then drop it to 72-73, then 70.

You changed the filter in the return vent, right?

And yes, heat always rises, so it's going to be cooler at the floor then at the ceiling.

Damn, we must have a very large unit for my apartment then, cause it was about 102 outside yesterday and when it hit 75 inside I turned the AC on and it cooled the house down to 67 in about an hour and a half of running.

It's either a commercial unit, or just a very big unit, probably like a 3 1/2 ton. Most home units are 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 ton units. Bigger places like apartments/condos can be from 2 1/2 ton up to 6 or 8 ton. Big bitches lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

it should be a 10-15 degree difference from the return grill to the ac grill that blows the air out. wherever your thermostat is at is what will be the deciding factor on whether your unit comes on or off.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

and you dont neccesarily have to clean it all the time you can just spray it off with the water hose when you mow or create dust outside too it will help make your unit last longer. I worked at an hvac install and service company for 2 years and loarned alot.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.