Sonic Electronix

The box is about 1.5 cubic feet per sub, and you're saying that if you under power the cvr's they would probably not be as loud as the comps that are powerd just about to their right wattage?

That could be the case. The box is below the minimum specs for the CVR's

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

For the price, don't do it.

At that point, you might as well go with obsidian audio. THEN you'll notice a big difference,

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Wiring; 2 runs of 2/0 OFC & Big 3.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

For the price, don't do it.

At that point, you might as well go with obsidian audio. THEN you'll notice a big difference,

I agree with you on not spending more money on the CVR but even if he got OA 12's and kept the rest of his system the same he could still lose output. People get too caught up in the sub and seem to forget about AMP WIRE BATTERIES and everything electrical in general. He has 500watts to work with right now. He will need closer to 1500 for the Obsidians.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

the only thing we can determine, is that you have room to upgrade amps if you go with CVRs.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I ended up not getting them and my friend got them instead and i hooked them up in my truck and they hit lows a lot better but the higher bass is nowhere near as loud, and i eventually do want to upgrade everything amps, wires, battery, subs all that but im not sure what to do i dont have a lot of room to play with in my single cab truck. But i have never heard of obsidian audio is it any good?

I have an 01 gmc regular cab and I've toyed with setups nonstop. I even had two 12 inch type R's. Honestly, two pioneer shallow mount 12's (step up version with 400rms 1500peak 4ohm SVC) sounded the best and loudest. The alpines had a bit more spl but that's all. Put them in a box with about .8-1.2 cu. ft. Sealed per sub. Then put a Hifonics Brutus 1200.1d @2 ohm with 900rms. Knukonceptz 4 gauge wiring, and you will be more than happy. I've had over 10 setups in my truck this is the loudest you will get unless you want to buy expensive JL shallow mounts. In a small cab those pioneers will get down and pound and rarely draw more than 1.4v with a yellow top and 3.5 farad cap.

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

I was thinking about maybe just keep saving my money and eventually doing a blow through because what i have now is pretty loud its louder than all of my friends and most of them have beter subs and amps than me but i want crazy bass that people in the car next to me will feel it and the stuff in their car will be vibrating haha

I was thinking about maybe just keep saving my money and eventually doing a blow through because what i have now is pretty loud its louder than all of my friends and most of them have beter subs and amps than me but i want crazy bass that people in the car next to me will feel it and the stuff in their car will be vibrating haha

so why are you wanting comp-vr with the same setup you have right now? get some money whatever way you do and get some real shit and do a blow through with a bandpass box

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

No thanks bro. Not into it.

Archived