Sonic Electronix

Looking for some good speakers help please :)

Hi all,

I am looking for some new speakers for my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with the Premium Infinity Sound System. Well I don't exactly have the entire infinity system out of my Jeep yet. Let me run though as to what I currently have and what I will be upgrading to the future.

Here is the list of what I have currently:

1. Autotek SS 400.4 (Current Speaker Amp)

2. 1 pair of Hertz Deci Tweeters (Dash Tweeters stock location)

3. 1 pair of Hertz Deci 6x9's (Front door speakers)

4. 1 pair of STOCK Infinity 6.5's (Rear Door)

5. x1 Alpine MRP0-1000 (Subwoofer amp at 4 ohms 600 watt at 2 ohms 1000 watt's rms)

6. Boston Acoustics SPG Oval subwoofer 13.5" (1000 watt rms @ 2 ohms)

7. Ran 0/1 awg though Jeep

8. KIV-BT-900 Kenwood Multi-Media Head Unit.

This is what I'm upgrading to EXCLUDES Speakers:

1. x2 AudioQue HDC 3.0 15" (1000 watt rms @ 2 ohms)

2. x1 Bass Clef Series BC3500 (Subwoofer amp)

3. PowerBastards 110 amp at idle (220 @ 1200 RMS)

4. Pioneer DEH-80PRS (Head Unit)

That's it for my current setup its not bad but I want to upgrade as I have been rocking the same speakers for 2 years and for the sub and amp I have been rocking them for more than 4 years and its time to upgrade.

As for the system coming I need new speakers to be able to keep up with the demands of my new up coming system. But I don't know where to start for new speakers. I have been to my local car audio shop and they have been very helpful to me but its just not what they have is what I want. They carry Audison, Morel, Hertz, JL Audio, Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, Ect... I would like something that no one else around my has and not just what my local audio store sells, BestBuy, PC Richard & Son, Target, Walmart they all sell things that everyone has around here. I'm looking for something that no one else has like O2 Audio, Oxygen Audio, Crenscendo Audio, Beyma, ect...

If someone could please recommend me some good speakers that are not listed from the list of my local audio store, BestBuy,Pc Richard and son, ect.. I would be very grateful to them. I would like Oxygen Audio or O2 audio (not sure if its the same cause there's two different websites because no one has them around me but I don't know what type to choose from theres Reflex and Spiral. I don't know which one is better and there is apparenlty more than one website for Oxygen Audio and O2 Audio, I'm not sure if they are the same or not I just like the speakers, Not many videos online though for oxygen and O2 audio.

Also, If someone could suggest a good amp to power the AudioQue (SoundQubed) HDC 3.0 Subwoofers besides the Bass Clef Series BC3500 I was thinking maybe two seperate amps either 2 AQ2200D, 2 Alpine MRX-M240, 2 AQ1200D or 1 AQ3500D.

I'd like to do a front stage 3 way 6x9's in the front doors, component 6.5's in the rear door with separate tweeters, and I don't exaclty know what to put up front for the dash speakers (2.5" tweeters was in stock location) I want to put 6 tweeters in my Jeep 2 in the front dash, 1 tweeter in each of the windshield a Pillar and 1 tweeter in each of the trunk space pillars. (lots of tweeters o_O lol)

Thanks in advance.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

You can actually buy from trusted ebay seller that give you manufacturers waranties and you just have to pay attention to what you're buying. I've spent a grip on car audio on ebay and have never had a problem. Not once, you just have to pay attention

Agree on the hertz but stay away from ebay sales as you'll get no warranty and most likely fakes.

ill second that

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

I forgot to mention in the opening post that I have about a $300 - $500 budget for speakers. I don't know what passive or active means so if someone could explain that that would be great. As said I'd like to have 6 sets of tweeters IE, 2 in the dash, 2 in the front dash A-Pillar, and 2 in the rear back seat A-pillar or in the trunk area where the subs will be going. I have Hertz and I was not to impressed when I first got them. I only have Hertz tweeters and a pair of Hertz 6x9's in the front both Deci series, I know its the lowest of the low in the Hertz category but they are decent, but I want something different.

When I went to the local audio shop they showed me both JL Audio speakers and Morel Maxis, and Tempo. Both of which speakers sounded better than the Hertz Hi-Energy series.

But the reason for posting is because I would like to have something different other than what they carry I don't want to be in the same group of people that have what the local audio store carries. Its just not my can of Pepsi lol.

I have looked at O2 Audio, Oxygen Audio, Crenscendo Audio, Beyma online but I only have videos on youtube that probably don't the speakers any justice. But if anyone has had any of these speakers please chime in as I would like to purchase them so my Jeep can be different from any other car around.

Thanks in advance.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I forgot to mention in the opening post that I have about a $300 - $500 budget for speakers. I don't know what passive or active means so if someone could explain that that would be great. As said I'd like to have 6 sets of tweeters IE, 2 in the dash, 2 in the front dash A-Pillar, and 2 in the rear back seat A-pillar or in the trunk area where the subs will be going. I have Hertz and I was not to impressed when I first got them. I only have Hertz tweeters and a pair of Hertz 6x9's in the front both Deci series, I know its the lowest of the low in the Hertz category but they are decent, but I want something different.

When I went to the local audio shop they showed me both JL Audio speakers and Morel Maxis, and Tempo. Both of which speakers sounded better than the Hertz Hi-Energy series.

But the reason for posting is because I would like to have something different other than what they carry I don't want to be in the same group of people that have what the local audio store carries. Its just not my can of Pepsi lol.

I have looked at O2 Audio, Oxygen Audio, Crenscendo Audio, Beyma online but I only have videos on youtube that probably don't the speakers any justice. But if anyone has had any of these speakers please chime in as I would like to purchase them so my Jeep can be different from any other car around.

Thanks in advance.

Passive means you are using the crossovers that come with the componet system, active means you are using some sort of electronic crossover with separate amps designated for subwoofers, mids, and tweeters.

Can anyone else give input? I'm looking for new speakers. Help please.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed