Second Skin Audio

DC Level XL 15" Running on Kicker ZX2500.1 Box Help

Run your current equipment for 4-6 months then. Don't waste money on a box now and use a design that crams your car as tight as it would. The reason I'm stuck on 12s for your car is cabin space. 15s don't hit any lower, so if that what you think, let's just correct that now. In a proper box built and tuned properly, 12s, 10s a d 8s can hit just as low. Will the 12s move as much air, not if both the 15s would be in an ideal setup, and 12s in an ideal setup. Here's the thing, you HAVE the right environment for 2 badass 12s to do EXACTLY what you want. Your cabin doesn't require 15s to pressurize it properly.

So, if you want to change up things, run ONE of your 15s in a badass simple ported box. I don't care for your design because of the port design, placement, or bends. A single 15 ported will show you frequencies you've been missing over your sealed setup, I truly believe that.

And as far as the offense, none taken. You're a good dude, I love your car and your install is VERY nice. I like how you've been really true to one brand regardless of anyone else's opinions. My suggestion, since you definitely wanna change up the current configuration, 1 15"(the CVX obviously) tune it low, feed it port and power and let er rip.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Run your current equipment for 4-6 months then. Don't waste money on a box now and use a design that crams your car as tight as it would. The reason I'm stuck on 12s for your car is cabin space. 15s don't hit any lower, so if that what you think, let's just correct that now. In a proper box built and tuned properly, 12s, 10s a d 8s can hit just as low. Will the 12s move as much air, not if both the 15s would be in an ideal setup, and 12s in an ideal setup. Here's the thing, you HAVE the right environment for 2 badass 12s to do EXACTLY what you want. Your cabin doesn't require 15s to pressurize it properly.

So, if you want to change up things, run ONE of your 15s in a badass simple ported box. I don't care for your design because of the port design, placement, or bends. A single 15 ported will show you frequencies you've been missing over your sealed setup, I truly believe that.

And as far as the offense, none taken. You're a good dude, I love your car and your install is VERY nice. I like how you've been really true to one brand regardless of anyone else's opinions. My suggestion, since you definitely wanna change up the current configuration, 1 15"(the CVX obviously) tune it low, feed it port and power and let er rip.

Thanks man :D well hmmm, I agree with that box I designed, it crams it tight, and I don't even know if it would fit with the port, so perhaps I should design the box for the 12's and build it, get it ready and then try to sell these cvx's :( cause seems like a waste to build a box then to tear it out again next spring, and 1 cvx is a waste for that huge amp imo, I agree I want the 12's, I know they would be nuts, well I guess thats what ill do, im gonna work on that box design, it would give me more of a trunk, what you think for direction to face them? subs up, port back? or subs up, port up? subs up port up would the best for building since one side has a slanted back, I am gonna get these subs listed on craigslist too I guess :Pyou think 3.5 cubes total, 31hz tune would be good?

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Alright, so I designed a box for the 2 12's, it will work out way better, and I can mount the amp to the amp rack above the battery, and still have somewhat of trunk left, this is port up sub up, let me know what you think, cj18 recommened 3.5 cubes for these 2 subs, with around a 32hz tunning

doing 2 baffles, the subs will be counter sunk into the baffle so they are flat across

let me know what you think, I sketched a pic of what it would look like too

box2.png

IMAG0244.jpg

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

sick Mazda bro hopefully my Mazda will be up there one day :P:p

2010 Mazda 3

*Rebuild Time*

Subs - (2) AA Mayhems 12's
Sub amp - (1) Populus Audio TPA 6500
Headunit - Pioneer App Radio 2

Batteries - XS Power (1) D3100 up front | 6 XP950 rear

Wire - Sky High 1/0 Gauge wires and RCA's and steve's VM1

Alternator - Singer 260 Externally Regulated

Front Stage: (2) PRV Audio 10W650A (4) PRV Audio 8MR500-PhP-4 (4) DS Bullet Tweets | (2) 6.5 Components (Rear doors)

Mids & high Amp : (2) Populus Audio 100.4

Processor: Rockford 3sixty.3

The Build Log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175922-2010-mazda-3-2-aa-mayhems-12-pg14-new-video/page-11

flakosignature1-1_zps0751010a.png

question for you guys, I was thinking of maybe just doing a single 15" sub now for a few reasons, I can run 1 of my cvx's till I can afford it, I can design a good box for it, price, since I will only have to buy one sub, and I was looking into box rise and impedence load, and was thinking of getting Dual .7 ohm coils to wire it to 1.4 ohms, my zx2500.1 is 2 ohm stable, but I have read many running it at 1 ohm, and this would be a comprimise, plus with box rise the amp will rarely if ever see 2 ohms or lower, even with the 1.4 ohm coils

So, if I did this I could do a level XL or Level 5, which offer the D.7 coils, what do you think this would be like compared to 2 level 4 with a final load of 2ohms, the 1 15" would get more power, I know its less cone area, but its just a thought, im just kinda disappointed of not having any subs for the next 3 months :( plus like I said this would save some money when I do go and get the 1 sub

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

what do you guys think of 1 DC level XL 15" instead of 2 DC level 4 12"? I would just get the final ohm load to 2 ohms on either, mainly for price and it should still be more then enough I think, my amp will push 2845 @14.4v, what kind of power is the xl safe up to daily? it says 2200 rms, so its pretty close

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

A XL 15 will take 3k easy man :) Blake Hunt ran 12 XL 15's on 4 9k's at 16 volts a piece iirc. Clamped around 40kw. So a tad above 3k per sub.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

what do you think of doing a ported box with my cvx for now, then putting a DC Level XL on that ZX2500.1 rated @2845rms, you think that is to much power for that sub? from what I have read is it can take the power, but gains are very low when you start going up above like 2500rms or so, its cheaper to buy on XL 15 then 2 Level 4 12's, a little less cone area but still with that much power

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

Ok So I think i am pretty set on doing 1 15", which should be plenty for this vehicle. I will run my CVX until I can afford the Level XL 15", so now it comes to the box, let me know how this box is, from what I have read between 3.5-4cubes is good, 50+ inches of port space is recommend I am running it on a kicker ZX 2500.1, which does [email protected], so the sub will be getting more power then its designed for, and from what I have read if you are overpowering you want to stay on the smaller size of the box designs (less power = bigger box, more power = smaller box)

Let me know what you guys thinks, I have enough room to design a perfect box for this 15", I am flat mounting the amp above the battery so I need to keep the box no more then 14 inches long at the top, 21 at the bottom about, I think I picked a good tuning and box size, port is pretty big, I designed the port like I did because it most effectively uses the box space, and since there is a slanted back I need to keep the port away from that

box22.png

IMAG0414.jpg

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

Archived