Sundown Audio

Why are Amplifiers So Expensive?

JWBryant

So I was curious about amplifiers. Say you have two that both claim to put out 2,000 watts (about) of power at 1 ohm, but the prices vary. One that is say, four hundred dollars and the other that is well over a grand. But both would be respectable brands. What kind of things make such a price jump justafiable?

I am learning more about impendance rise and how the subwoofer and the box play a part in it. Also I thought I saw something about different amplifiers that deal with the impendance rise differently and possibly give more power. I dont know if this plays a part in different amplifiers or not.

So the main question is what makes an amplifier that costs the same but does the same rated better if say they both put out clean power at rated? Sound quality? Build quality? Sorry if versus thread, just thinking.

Basshead-in-Training

parts used, technology used, and brand name(pyle is named that for a reason i like to think)

its all marketing really, same concept in the store, theres brand name oreos which are lets say 3$ for a pack, then there is say shoprite brand for 1.50$ a pack, yet they taste the same(sometimes)

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

The name usually... or how/ where they are made.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

name brand.... lets say AQ ..its underated so it actually pushes more watts then what it says at say 1 ohm.. now if ud get lets say a Rockford fosgate amp with the same wattage they are about twice the price. they both are very good amplifiers. Although the rockford amps look very nice also. Noe sometimes lets say your buying a sony xplode amp compared to RF, thats a different story haha

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

heart of the system with out the heart pumpin juice to the veins u have no beat

I think its bull shit hobby but rather spend it on that then a dumv bitch or drugs

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

I dont mean the cheap cheap, I mean the average stuff a person buys compared to "top of the line". Say its parts, does that mean that it will last longer? Or sound better? And technology... What would be an example of technology in an amplifier that makes it so nice? Or maybe do you kinda pay extra for better customer service?

Basshead-in-Training

Lol at these comments

A 5 to 7k mass produced in china/koera only cost about 250 bucks to make with good parts but after factoring in shipping cost warrienty and payrole for employees aka overhead drive the price way up

/thread

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Lol at these comments

A 5 to 7k mass produced in china/koera only cost about 250 bucks to make with good parts but after factoring in shipping cost warrienty and payrole for employees aka overhead drive the price way up

/thread

Dont forget the customs and docking fees. Uncle Sam gotta get his (twice)

BS

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived