Sonic Electronix

Right now I have cheap Duals from best buy, so this is why I call this my first "real" system.

Originally I had no idea what I was looking for, just that I wanted good sound quality since its a daily driver and I wanted it LOUD. I ran across a few choices and like the AudioQ HDC3's, but I figured I'd go with the FI Q's instead as I've heard they get pretty loud while still sounding extremely good. Heard great things about FI as a company as well.

I am driving a 00 4-door sunfire so fitting a very large box isn't really going to happen. I have enough trunk space to fit a larger box to fit two 12's (maybe), but the problem is getting it into the trunk. So my options are either one 12" or two 10's. I have decided on going with two 10's and building a decently sized box for them, split up into two seperate chambers, one for each sub.. both within the recommended cubic footage. I'm only going to be picking up one 10" for now, but buying another one later down the road.

I think I will be powering each Fi Q 10" (with BP power option @ 2 Ohm) with a Crunch GP2500D as they seem like really nice amps for a decent price, and if I decide I need an amp for component speakers I'll pick up a GP4100 (since I'm going with a GP for the subs, figured I'd do the same for components), which I'm assuming should be plenty for the current Sony Xplodes component speakers I have and any upgrades in the future. What do you guys think?

As for a deck, I think I'm picking up a Pioneer AVIC-D3. Everything sound good for components? Looking for input from other people running FI Q's. Thanks in advance!

Everything sounds good so far. Those 10" Q's should sould good if you build the box right. Also i would recomend using an amp for the components, they will sound a lot cleaner and louder. HU looks good as well.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

12"s should be able to fit...

Build the box in the trunk is what some people do if the box won't be able to fit in from sliding it in.

Sounds like a fairly good system upgrade from what you currently have.

Wish I could provide more input but I don't have any money to afford an Fi Q. :(

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I would have chosen the hdc3 10s, but thats just me <_< ...

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

I think I may just get the SAZ-1500D because the RMS rating @ 1 Ohm is 1500w and run each sub off of that. However, a friend of mine said I may not want to go 1 Ohm because it will be more demanding on my electrical system and with the money spent beefing it up, I'd be better off getting an amp that can supply around that at 2 Ohms. Any thoughts? I don't want to underpower my subs at all.

Also, two 10's would be louder than one 12, correct?

plenty plenty plenty of people run at 1 ohm. i got 2 SAZ-3000D(good choice on the amp too btw) and i run a pair of btl's @ 1 ohm. eventually i'm going to run them at .5 ohms daily. the way i look at it, is you're still going to need the current draw to pull 1500 watts, whether it's at 1 ohm or 2 ohms or 8 ohms. the big benefit of running at a higher ohm load is that the amp runs cooler, providing a cleaner signal since heat is an amps worst nightmare. but as i said, lots of people run @ 1 ohm, no problem. and mine run 2 subs a piece @ 1 ohm, and they dont even get warm. imo i think you'd be ok.

Edited by ExpoSport

now your car audio addiction has begun :)

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz