I've recently installed a Seven Color changing LED Undeglow kit on my car. I live in Illinois and I'm not sure if its legal. I would think it is legal because its not actual neon and the lights don't show. I've also heard that only certain colors are illegal. I would like to know before I start driving with them on lol. I can't find anything about light lays in illinois either. Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Edited by gmdubz23

Don't know about illinois but in ks. only red is illegal and anything else is fine as long as it doesn't flash and you can't see the bulbs.

Well I think that its different in each state because in Arkansas it is illegal to ride with them on in the streets but u can ride in a parking lot with them on so you can ask the laws. That's what I did to

Team bassin chevys

It's diffrent in each state, ny you can't have red blue or green unless your official

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Don't know about illinois but in ks. only red is illegal and anything else is fine as long as it doesn't flash and you can't see the bulbs.

Same here in CA.

Don't go to the police station. Their first and only response will be that it is illegal.

What you need to do is look online for your states vehicle code. It will be covered under lighting, aftermarket accessories and most likely displayable signage. Mine was in all 3. Read up on them, if they are in fact legal then print out those VC and keep it with your registration. When you get pulled over, and YOU WILL, politely discuss the VC with the officer. Then happily accept the ticket you are going to get for it anyway. Once you are in court, you can then state your case and get the ticket dismissed.

Oh, one last thing. If you plan on driving around with something that draws attention, then you better make sure your car is 100% legal. If not, it can be a long night for you. ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

red blue amber light shit like that isn't allowed in Illinois

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

• 4 weeks later...

I do not use mine at all going down the road ... they are only for show

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch