Best for the buck

Hey everyone

I want to know for that vehicle what brand speakers should I go with for the money . I don't want to spend alot of money right now but I don't want to buy no junk either. The front is 6 1/2 speakers pretty easy to come by the back I'll find out next time I take them off .

I have a pioneer head unit . I don't plan to amp the speakers unless it would be wise to . Which at this point I might as well do it any ways . I want to leave the bass and highs and mids . I have two diamond audio 12's d6 with 1600 watt autotek amp.

So some door speakers that Will make it sound good.

Check out my Youtube Channel for some 4runner Bass.

http://www.youtube.com/user/yotag33k

2 skar audio vvx 12's in ported box on hifonics 1200.1d brutus amp.

What kind of budget are you looking to stay within? Amping the speakers would be the best idea. I'd start out with a set of Fosgate Punch series 6.5 components if I were you. If you want louder, there are other options.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I bought 2 sets of dls r6 componets, they are good speakers and priced reasonably. I think 175 per set. I would definitely pick up a small amp for the mids and highs, componets sets usually come with a passive crossover so they are easy and no real need to go active. Plus 1600 watts of bass will overpower all of your highs without a small amp for them.

Edited by bassface

i always tell people the same thing when it comes to buying Mids/highs speaker. Shop around got to a few different stores and find some that sound good to you. especially if you dont plan on powering them with an amp. just go to a few of the local audio shops and listen to what they have. find something thaty you like.

Maybe look at some RF Prime or punch series speakers

Edited by Maebros

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

for my highs and mids i bought some Kicker DS35 and DS693. (3.5" and 6x9) but they have 6.5" im sure.

they are really a great bang for the buck. they are amazingly clear and crisp. havent heard any distortion whatsoever

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m23_i47_kicker-6-1-2-speakers.html

a lot of great reviews

Edited by Tim Lam

For head unit power its really tough to beat the effiiciency and loudness of the infinity reference componets and coaxials, especially coaxials 2 ways and 3 ways. I did a build on a small honda with just 4 reference coaxials on a pioneer headunit and they got really loud and clear, infinity has very loud tweeters.

Then i put an amp and it got even clearer and slightly louder 40 rms amp each channel.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

For head unit power its really tough to beat the effiiciency and loudness of the infinity reference componets and coaxials, especially coaxials 2 ways and 3 ways. I did a build on a small honda with just 4 reference coaxials on a pioneer headunit and they got really loud and clear, infinity has very loud tweeters.

Then i put an amp and it got even clearer and slightly louder 40 rms amp each channel.

True. Infinity sound good w/head unit power and don't require much power to sound clean. Only problem is that you soon find Infinity lacks on the low end and require a subwoofer for accurate bass, but the mids and highs are sweet.

Alpine CDE-164BT/Rockford Fosgate P400X4

Kicker CS 6.5" Components (Front)

Kicker 6.5" Composites (Rear) (Running at -10DB for soundstage)

RF P400X1 Monoblock

2x Rockford Punch P1 12" 4 OHM SVC running @ 2 OHM in sealed 1" MDF box.

never had the infinity speakers but all the other speakers i have had never really shined until i amped them with at least 40 watt rms per channel . i have currently alpine type s 6.5 components and and coaxial speakers and if you can get a deal they are an ok value .

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27143_JL-Audio-C3-650CW.html

here's a bit of a deal , but they are out of stock other wise i would have bought these . i also would be willing to give rf a try , i have read elsewhere that the infinities scream on deck power .

if it were me i would really plan on running an amp for mids and highs .