Thinking Of Getting A Job At Best Buy

Well.. I'm really starting to want a job again. Question, how old would I have to be to work there?

I had a job at Subway working part-time when I was 14. Got laid off that summer... (position was a dish-washer) than my grandparents were telling me that my cousin was working for Sony part-time and he got laid off 6 months later after beginning that job (leave or some shit) sooo..... I think that's what went on for me... (plus Subway was getting new manager and owner too) since I got laid off about 6 months later after my employment at Subway started.

I was thinking of working in the car audio, computers, and some video games area... Maybe Geek Squad if they allow it? :lol:

Edited by emat19876

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

They won't let you work in the install bay unless you are 18, I know that.

Be ready to push credit cards and protection plans :)

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I used to work at Circuit city and I'm goin back in a few days. Get ready to be enticed by some NASTY employee discounts. I mean serious like 75% off of car audio shit. That's what I got at CCity, but generally they only hire you when you turn 18 (less paperwork that way). Make sure you tell them what you want to hear. You are not there to sell products, you are there to sell products with accessories (protection plan, installs, extras.) So yea if you work in computers, you sell a computer, but there is a percentage you have to maintain on extras. For instance I think our goal at CCITY was 15% of the price you had to get in accessories.

So you sell a computer that's worth 1000, you sell a 200 dolla protection plan and you got it already. But there are also various install packages and accessories (mouse, keyboard, monitor, printer, router, cables, etc.)

Same thing in car audio. Sell a headunit, but also sell the install, ipod adapter, sat. radio, gps, etc.

Good luck man! Need any other help let me know and key to gettin hired, tell them what they want to hear.

I used to work at Circuit city and I'm goin back in a few days. Get ready to be enticed by some NASTY employee discounts. I mean serious like 75% off of car audio shit. That's what I got at CCity, but generally they only hire you when you turn 18 (less paperwork that way). Make sure you tell them what you want to hear. You are not there to sell products, you are there to sell products with accessories (protection plan, installs, extras.) So yea if you work in computers, you sell a computer, but there is a percentage you have to maintain on extras. For instance I think our goal at CCITY was 15% of the price you had to get in accessories.

So you sell a computer that's worth 1000, you sell a 200 dolla protection plan and you got it already. But there are also various install packages and accessories (mouse, keyboard, monitor, printer, router, cables, etc.)

Same thing in car audio. Sell a headunit, but also sell the install, ipod adapter, sat. radio, gps, etc.

Good luck man! Need any other help let me know and key to gettin hired, tell them what they want to hear.

Is that a commision job at least? That would be cool.

oh yeah baby, discounts thats wat im tlkn bout esp in car audio that shit is hectic pricing :P

ca-f2.jpg

1 12 inch infinity 1240watts...only can fit that in a hilux single cab...

1 infinity 1000 watt mono block...

2 Hifonics Zues 6.5" Components

2 Hifonics Zues Tweeters

2 cross-over boxes

1 run of 4GA

200 Fuse

1 Kenwood Head-deck

If only my Best Buy had Solo-X's... Lol. Nahh.

The only subs there I want are the Alpine Type-E, Type-R, and RF P3. I may just wait on getting a job there until I can get my license (probably not until this summer) so I won't rely on my mom driving me there... McDonalds has a decent pay too...., plus they're like 1 mile away whereas Best Buy is a 30 minute drive. Meh. I should've gotten my permit last spring when I had the chance than I could've had my license in september and not have to worry about this transportation bullshit. :mad:

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Meh. I should've gotten my permit last spring when I had the chance than I could've had my license in september and not have to worry about this transportation bullshit. :mad:

not having those liscense is a bitch huh...just wait cause soon you will be making alot of grociery trips

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy