First Termlab!!!

My local shop has a termlab so I was curious what my system would hit. I have a 2002 nissan xterra with a hybrid psi/fi bl 18, crescendo bc2000 wired all to one ohm in a little more than an 8 cu ft box tuned to 30hz. Well I metered 141.8 for my peak and that was on stock electrical. I am purchasing an xs3100 soon and doing the big 3. Also I will sound deaden my roof, my trunk is already deaden but I will be deadening the trunk even more with some great stuff to make it heavy. But anyway was that a good number with all those factors in play?

Yea man congrats on the 141.8 for your first TL. Lookin forward to filming the progress along the way. The beefed up electrical should def help

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Thanks so much man couldnt have done it without your help man. The electrical will definitely help and you'll have give me some pointers on the big 3 haha

I don't see electrical making a big difference in your score, not in the slightest. But that doesn't matter as obviously you're not chasing numbers.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Well I want to compete so is that not bad for competing? I like just giving demos too though but like everybody I want to get louder. your sure electrical wouldn't help? my voltage dropped to about 11.8 maybe even a little less on stock electrical but it was only for a few seconds and the amp will push more power with steady voltage going to it most amps are rated to 14.4 volts right?

I was running the same amp at 1ohm on a single 12 in a trunk, and was doing 42s on music...I honestly think you should pretty easily be doing close to 145. Who designed your box?

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

john253a he is a member here. It is also tuned to 30hz though which is low my next box when I go for two 18s or a bigger 18 I will make a removable port for numbers I think the tuning is killing me... well that and the lack of deadener the guy at the shop said I could be losing an easy 3 decibels from all the rattling which could be the case when I first deaden my trunk I notice that it got louder it sounded loud that was just by ear with a 10.

Don't deaden yet. I lost a few tenths after deadening my hatch. My hatch like to rattle. If anyone even touches it, I lose .5. What frequency did you peak at? I personally think you would see an upgrade moving to a box that closer to 6 cu ft. tuned around 34. But still be musically.

Post up some pics of your box and install so we could help better. But yes, I agree. Start with the box.

'11, '12, '13, and '14 Meca Street 2 AL State Champ

AL Meca Street 2 Record Holder(151.6)

2012 Meca Street 2 World Finals - 3rd Place(148.7)

2013 Meca Street 2 World Finals - 2nd Place(151.1)