Computer Speakers Question

I have Klipsch proaudio 2.1 set of speakers, I was wondering if there was any way to add more speakers to this set up or is it only limited to the 2 speakers and sub that it comes with? I would like to add 2 more speakers if possible, but I didnt know if you needed a higher like a 5.1 system to get the more surround sound type.

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

go to walmart and buy a logitech x540, its a good 5.1 surround sound and its only about 60ish. as for adding speakers i dont think it would be possible

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

If you just want to add more speakers, get a splitter 1/8" splitter (the headphone jack) and add a second set of speakers. That won't work if you want surround sound though. If your computer has 5.1 output then all you need is 6 powered speakers, usually a 5.1 set of speakers but doesn't have to be.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Skippy hit the nail on the head. Your computer may have a built in 5.1 sound card like most of them do these days where it has two headphone outputs and a microphone input however you can go into the soundcards software and enable it for 5.1 by changing what speaker outputs are coming out of the jack. If its a desktop you can pick up a decent soundcard for cheap and then get some more speakers to add on if you want true surround sound.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Okay, I have an HP dv6 laptop that I use as my main computer. I didnt think that it had a 5.1 card. On the front of it there are 2 headphone jacks and a mic in. I looked around in some of the settings and didnt see anything about changing it for a 5.1 system. When I had bought this set of speakers I almost bought a 5.1 set, but from what I had read was that I didnt have all of the jacks for a 5.1 system. Because I thought that there were like 3 plugs that it needed. I could be wrong though.

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

Some 5.1 systems will take just a single headphone jack and convert it to surround sound in the speakers itself for you. Kinda like a home theater with dolby digital pro logic. It takes a stereo signal and adds time delay and adjusts the frequency response for all of the speakers and makes a virtual surround sound. Just look at the speakers before you buy them to see if it has a single jack or if it has multiple. If you go into your control panel and then into the sound area does it show an option of digital audio? If so then your laptop has a SPDIF output that will make that single headphone jack into either a fiber optic or RCA output: http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01363756〈=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=1842153&prodTypeId=321957&printver=true

I have yet to see a hp that doesnt have that option, hell even my dell has that. Really high end speakers will have an optical input you can utilize to get true 5.1 surround from your laptop however it will cost you. With it being a laptop what i say to do is get a USB powered sound card for your laptop and then go get the 5.1 speakers of your choice or look for a 5.1 speaker kit that utilizes just a single green headphone input. For example this set from logitech will be perfect for you: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/speakers-audio/surround-sound-speaker-z506?section=overview&tabs=1,3,2,4,5&hub=1 It will allow you to connect rca devices to it for surround, connect it to a true 5.1 surround system in the future and use just your laptops normal headphone output connection to get it to play in surround.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Awesome, It does have the SPDIF. That helps a bunch. Thank you very much!

Get SRS Audio Essentials, It makes a worlds difference well worth the 30$! I have a logitech thx certified 5.1 and it made them sound louder clearer and more surround. Now I got rid of my PC and have it on my macbook and well the even laptop speakers sounds like those built beats ones! I really recommend them and I was looking at a klipsch 2.1 just like you!

Archived