looking for some advice, new to mids and highs

alaskanzx5

ok, i have only ran 6x8's and 6x9's off the deck. what im looking to do is do 2 mids and highs in each front door. im either gonna go with a t26.5 component set per front door or 2 punch pro 6"'s or 8"'s and 2 punch pro tweets per door. im just not sure what amp(s) to get and the wiring on it.

everything is gonna go into a 2003 ford focus hatchback and all the mids and highs in the front doors. there is plenty of room i just gotta get some spare door panels to glass seeing how it will be a first for me.

if i go with the punch pro's then i was thinking 2 t400.2 one for the mids and one for the highs. get 4 4ohm punch pro 6's or 8's maybe one of each and wire them at 2ohm to each cannel. the 400.2 is rated to do 200x2 @ 2ohm so each mid would be seeing about 100watts each. then get 4 4 8ohm tweets and wire them to 4ohm per channel on the other t400.2 wich is rated at 120x2 @ 4ohms so each tweet would be seeing about 60 watts.

if i go with the t2 6.5 components but i would have no idea how to wire them or exactly what amp to get. i have never dealt with components and crossovers so im just not sure.

oh and im getting a pioneer deh80prs for my new h/u wich has a dual 16 band eq time adjustment and a ton of other features to. the sub setup will be 4 12s running off about 5k rms in a wall. im just trying to figure out the mids and highs before i start buying stuff. trying to keep the cost down, im buying most of the stuff from a local shop here, i shop there a lot so they're nice to me on prices. some stuff i have talked them down to less the crutchfield and sonicelectronics.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

hey mods, could i get this moved to the rockford section since im asking about rockford products? trying to figure this out by thursday so i can get an invoice going and start making payments, im broke.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

well i want loud and im sure the pros will be clean enough for me. just trying to figure out which way to wire them and what amps to combine them with. want to keep it simple since im just getting into the mids and highs

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

2 mids and ONE tweeter per door.

Yyou may not need the second set of tweeters.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I would use only one pair of tweeters ... one on each A-pillar

and one 8 per door on a shit ton of power ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

well, i will most likely build the doors to house 2 8s and 2 tweets and put a cap in the holes for the second mids and tweet so that i dont have to rebuild the doors in order to upgrade. unless you guys are positve it will be loud enough with just 2 punch pro 8s and 2 punch pro tweets.

so how about 2 4ohm 8s and 2 4 ohms tweets. with a pair of mid and tweet per front channel wired at 2ohms. amp would be a t400.4 but then that amp is only rated at 400watts. 154 at 2ohms so each tweet and mid would be seing about 75 watts a peice. the tweets are rated for 50rms and 8s for 100rms. i know the 8s would be fine but what about the tweets? think they would be able to handle the extra 25 over rms?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

ok, well i decided i want the punch pro's. will most likely do 2 mids and 1 tweet per door and then a tweet in each a piller. just gotta figure out wither i should get a 4channel amp for the tweets and a 4channel for the mids or a 4channel per door.

was thinking about a 4 channel for the mids and a 4 channel for the tweets. 4 4ohm 8's wired at 2ohms so they would be seeing about 100watts each and then 4 8ohm tweets wired at 4ohms for about 60 watts each. then for the mids i should the amp be set for all pass or high pass. i know for sure the tweets have to be set for high pass. i will habe a pioneer deh-80prs by the time i get these so i will have some decent-good control over the eq.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

ok, i think i figured out what i will do. get 2 t400.2, 4 4ohm prunch pro 6s, 4 8 ohm punch pro tweets.

wire the mids to a 2ohm load so they would bee seing about 100 each and i wouldnt have to run wires from each channel to the mid ( amps are going in the far back ) this way so i would use less wire which would save a few dollars.

wire diagram http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/4SVC_4-ohm_2ch.jpg

then wire the tweets to a 4ohm load so that they will be seing about 60 watts each and once agian i would save on wire here.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/4SVC_8-ohm_2ch.jpg

the amps would be this -- http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=107994

the tweets -- http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=223203

the mids -- http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=223200

the h/u -- http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-80PRS

so, what you think?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived