That definitely sounds like a tough spot to de-rattle. I'm not really gettin tons of flex on anything off the type r. It really just doesn't move enough air. I'll have to go out sometime and crank it just to check though...

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

good work on that box.

Thank you!

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

How long u had a system in the truck? Mine showed up about 2 weeks ago after 2 months of hammering the shit out of that sub. No other problems yet though. And running perfect on stock electric

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

I put the type r in with the prefab and the polk amp back in January. It wasnt too loud though, so we'll see if i develop anything new with the crescendo. Haha

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

• 3 weeks later...

Time for a little update!

The raw mdf was way to visible through the back windows, even with the tint, so I painted the box black. It's a pretty bad paint job, so I may end up re-sanding it and doing it again. The black makes it very hard to see if you're just walking by the truck though.

P1150585.jpg

P1150590.jpg

And then I also got 25 feet of KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks 0 gauge wiring!

P1150601.jpg

P1150603.jpg

P1150607.jpg

20 feet of blue and 5 feet of gray

P1150606.jpg

The two 250 amp fuses will be going on my power wire. One by the battery, and one by the amp. The 300 amp fuse is for my big three (I'm hoping I got enough wire to get that done too...)

P1150604.jpg

And several wire ends

P1150605.jpg

Now all I need are the fuse blocks! I'm gonna be cutting out all the lengths of wire tomorrow and crimping on the ends. The fuse blocks should be here around wednesday. Once I get all that out of the way, I just need a nice new battery and then the Fi will be next!

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

nice. speaking of the polk audio someone tried trading me the same kind of amp for my RE audio. he said "nothing wrong with it, slaps hard" then i go read reviews and everyone has the overheating problem

C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/

New build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/

Still watching this build. I'm liking what im seeing. How u running power wires? under the truck or inside? Perfect spot underneath to put them and run into cab for me. Length should be good. Did my big 3 with a 5 ft chunk and amp with 20 ft some slack. And any plans to do sonething with door speakers or the doors them selves?

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

nice. speaking of the polk audio someone tried trading me the same kind of amp for my RE audio. he said "nothing wrong with it, slaps hard" then i go read reviews and everyone has the overheating problem

I've also read several reviews where it would get hot. What I thought was strange was that it never went into protect mode. It would get scary hot at times. I will admit that it sounded nice though.

Still watching this build. I'm liking what im seeing. How u running power wires? under the truck or inside? Perfect spot underneath to put them and run into cab for me. Length should be good. Did my big 3 with a 5 ft chunk and amp with 20 ft some slack. And any plans to do sonething with door speakers or the doors them selves?

I'll hopefully be getting the wiring done tomorrow night/thursday morning. I found a pretty much perfect spot to route the wire today though from the engine bay into the cab. My truck may be a bit different than yours, but on mine there was a rubber grommet on the outside of the door jamb. The grommet is right below the accordion boot where the wires from the door run through to the cab. The grommet leads straight into the driver side kick panel, and from there it can go straight under the door sill panel and then to the back of the truck from there. Then from the door hinge area, you just have to push aside a piece of foam that leads straight into the engine bay.

The one thing I'm dreading is actually routing the wire to the amp. I want it all to look really clean, so I want the wire to run through the little storage tray under the back seat. I'm gonna put one of the fuse blocks in there too, so it'll be pretty easy to get to. The problem is that I have to run the wire underneath the back quarter trim, and in order to take that out, I basically have to take out every single trim panel in the back of the truck, along with taking off the seat belts (or at least the upper part of the seat belt). I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow night so that it's easier to see what I'm talking about.

Nice to know that someone is actually interested in this! haha

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

alright that sounds like a good spot. i wish i wouldve looked a little longer but i found a metal plug under the rear seat that went into the storage compartments under the seats i popped that plug and drilled a couple holes. ur way does actually sound a bit easier tbh except for the remove all rear trim part. only thing i hate about doing anything with the speakers and stuff there takes forever to get to things. goodluck with build tho still tuned in

p.s i never shipped anything but i do have a 5ft chunk of xscorpion 1/0 if u want for ur big3. any took me one of the 5ft chunks to do all of mine

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment: